Is v4.5.3 still in testing?

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
lwc

Is v4.5.3 still in testing?

Post by lwc »

The latest announcement still refers to v4.5.3 as a "pre-release", and unfortunately I had no time to test it.
But today I randomly saw it on the homepage as an official version - when did this happen?
So I've installed it and yet the UI makes it feel like it's still a "pre-release".
Attachments
latest.png
latest.png (7.87 KiB) Viewed 2566 times
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Is v4.5.3 still in testing?

Post by Jeff »

Do you have "Automatically check for updates" enabled and, if not, have you pressed the "check version" button? Latest version should say v4.5.3.
But today I randomly saw it on the homepage as an official version - when did this happen?
Perhaps Aug 29. That was a long time ago and I don't remember the specifics. And sometimes I get a little sloppy with the announcements -- there's lots going on with a release and even though I have a checklist, sometimes things get missed.
So I've installed it and yet the UI makes it feel like it's still a "pre-release".
Meaning what...?
mjs

Post by mjs »

I took it to mean, assuming the term "UI" is in reference to the posted screen-shot and the assumption is that the term "Latest" taken as synonymous with "Official" -- then the "meaning" (interpretation) here is that if the "Latest" ("official") release is listed as older (based on the version number) than the "current" version (what is currently installed) as a more recent update (based on version number) would in this case appear to be a "perelease" (i.e. in "testing"). If that makes any sense. :D (I understand that not to be the case -- just surmising the possible thought process 8) FWIW)
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
lwc

Post by lwc »

Jeff wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 6:28 pm Do you have "Automatically check for updates" enabled and, if not, have you pressed the "check version" button? Latest version should say v4.5.3.
You're right, clicking "checked version" solved it.
Meaning what...?
Just meant the screenshot.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Yeah, I had read this via RSS initially and hadn't looked at the graphic yet (I forgot to "double-click"), so I had formed my reply in my head before replying...

btw, you'll be happy to know that I added in code last night to set the "current" version to orange when the current is later than the latest. I think that this will really help me more than anyone else, because there have been times when I forgot to update a plugin's latest version and since it didn't stand out in the version list, I missed it even when I looked for it. (I guess that discussion wasn't in this thread)