POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
- Posts: 499
- Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:46 am
In some cases like this
, the "latest" version is older than the current version.
I suggest to have a little traffic light system in Help=>About to highlight such matters:
- If current < latest, highlight it in red (i.e. the user should fix this situation ASAP).
- If current > latest, highlight it in yellow (i.e. the user should be aware it might be weird).
- If current = latest, don't highlight anything (i.e. no action to take).
What do you think?
- Admin / Developer
- Posts: 8443
- Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2001 9:46 pm
Yeah, that may not be a bad idea. It shouldn't happen too often, but I know SSL has always been a special case because of the way that I've released it. Hoping that "special case" is eliminated/reduced because I believe that there's now a single download source (whereas v4 has like 3 different sources).