Gmail spam: could change false positive to Inbox?

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
ktp

Gmail spam: could change false positive to Inbox?

Post by ktp »

Hello,

In Pop Peeper (PP), I created two PP accounts for my Gmail: one normal, and one to access Spam folder
as indicated by this guide: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4441

Is it possible for a given false positive spam message to indicate that it is legitimate (not-spam) one,
so that it could be found later in the Inbox, i.e. in the other normal account?

Currently I have to use Gmail on my smartphone to do this. It would be convenient that Pop Peeper have this possibility.

Thank you.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Gmail spam: could change false positive to Inbox?

Post by Jeff »

You can move the message into your inbox:
When viewing the message --
- menu: Message / Move to
- Add the "move to" button to the toolbar

From the main message list --
- right-click on the message / Move to
- Add the "move to" button to the toolbar

v5 will add drag&drop support to move messages.
ktp

Post by ktp »

OK thanks. Apparently the 'move to' feature requires upgrading to Pro version. I will take a look at it.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Right -- sorry for not mentioning that. I had it in my head that since you could read the other folders that you could write, too; but I forgot that the Plus Pack also allows you to read the other folders :oops:
ktp

Post by ktp »

I am considering upgrading to Pro version, but I am a little confused now.

I use Plus Pack for 2 functions: Access remote folders and Voice notification.
Now with Pro version which also has Access Remote folders capability, do I have
to change my configuration as indicated by viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4441 ?
That is to say: currently for each Gmail account (e-mail), I have to create 2 PP accounts: one PP main account (inbox),
and another PP account for Spam for this Gmail account.

With Pro version, do I have to keep only one main PP account for each Gmail e-mail? And so I can delete the PP account
created artificially to access Spam folder?

Thank you in advance for your clarification.
mjs

Post by mjs »

While waiting for Jeff -- I'll post what I'm aware of regarding your question.

If you are using IMAP you will be able to move messages to any folder you like for the specific account (including folders you may want to add for such use -- see example screen-shot below of PP "Move to" Dialogue box):
Move to - select folder PP Interface.
Move to - select folder PP Interface.
Move to.png (7.29 KiB) Viewed 3767 times
... so just the one account is all you would need to do this. :wink:
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

The method to access the folders is identical -- if you want to view your spam messages (which, presumably you do, so that you can move false-positives into the inbox), then you would still need 2 accounts.

What lakrsrool is suggesting is that you don't necessarily have to create another account to *move* messages to that folder. ie. you can move messages to a folder even if it's not a folder that you're monitoring.
ktp

Post by ktp »

Many thanks to lakrsrool for the illustrating screen capture that explains well.
Suggestions: more such screenshots should be added to Pop Peeper site (details of menus, settings, OAuth2, Plus Pack...). Currently I only find one image!

lakrsrool and Jeff's explanations have convinced me to upgrade to Pro version! :-).
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Glad to hear it works for you!

And thanks for the suggestion to add more screenshots -- I definitely will do that for v5.

There's definitely more than 1 screenshot on the site, but if you can't find them, that certainly indicates a problem.

Just for reference, there are 2 screenshots on the main POP Peeper page -- if you click on the screenshot, there's actually 2 screenshots (another one for the compose window). And the Plus Pack page has a link to a screenshot for each feature. The Pro page only has 1 screenshot, but it does have 2 videos available.

Re-watching the video for the IMAP move feature -- it's probably not a very good tutorial. I should have added voice or at least text to explain why I was doing what I was doing...