hotmail and gmail difficulty

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
bacardistuff

hotmail and gmail difficulty

Post by bacardistuff »

Today, my pop peeper doesn't seem to be working with Hotmail. The error is -11 and try again later. Gmail just stopped collecting messages. Gmail shows 9 unread messages but only shows four messages from 2017-2018. There should be at least 20 messages on gmail alone that I know I have read. Gmail has no error messages.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: hotmail and gmail difficulty

Post by Jeff »

Hotmail --
No issues here with multiple accounts.
- Use your browser to log out and log back in, and then re-test in POP Peeper.
- Check that your webmail plugin in up-to-date. Under the main menu: Help / About; your "current version" should be at least v4.5.14 (v4.5.15 is the latest, but it only affects Yahoo)
- If you still have a problem, please email me (support at esumsoft dot com) so we can troubleshoot further

Gmail --
- Edit the account and make sure that "enabled" is checkmarked
- Similar to that, you can right-click on the gmail account in the Accounts List and select "check mail" to see if it updates
- Are you sure that the messages you're expecting to see are actually in your inbox and not in another folder (e.g. archived)?
- What protocol are you using -- edit the account and refer to the "server type"
--> if you need to email me regarding the Hotmail issue, you can include the gmail-related issues, too.

In case you haven't heard it before (or even if you have), I'd highly recommend using IMAP over webmail.
bacardistuff

Post by bacardistuff »

gmail is working now. I have pop peeper version 4.5.3.0 and webmail 4.5.15.0.
mjs

Post by mjs »

Good to hear Gmail is working. Image

You didn't mention Hotmail -- if this means Hotmail is still getting the same error (-11) and you are able to login-in to the Hotmail account(s) using your browser on the Internet without any problems (be sure to log-off first if you are already logged-in before logging-in again) after which the error persists then as Jeff suggested you can email him at "support at esumsoft dot com" about this (refer to this topic in your email to him).
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers