Stand alone client

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
acooldozen

Stand alone client

Post by acooldozen »

Can POP Peeper (Paid) be used as a stand alone email client supporting drag and drop etc?
.....and make yourself a Great Day! Cheers, Lyle
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Stand alone client

Post by Jeff »

POP Peeper Pro v4 does allow you to move messages into folders, but it does not support drag&drop (there's a "move to" button on the toolbar). PP-Pro v5 does (will) have drag&drop support.

There's actually a video for the v4 method available:
https://youtu.be/eXiqayWhSOQ
The video basically shows some basic setup and how you can move messages back and forth between folders in various ways (not drag&drop, of course, because that wasn't in v4).

Personally, I haven't used another email client in the last 10 years (I did run PP and used another client for permanent storage for a long time, but I eventually switched to online storage and ditched the other client), so whether PP can work for you as a stand-alone is not something I can definitively answer. Let me know if you have any other specific questions.
acooldozen

Post by acooldozen »

Thanx Jeff, I have a elderly aunt who I remotely connect to and have tried many email clients but are all to complicated for her. I am using the free version and using for sorting emails that I don't want in my email client. When are you anticipating version 5?
I will now watch the video you suggested.
acooldozen

Post by acooldozen »

Hey Jeff, Is there a Beta 5 to test?
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Ah, the dreaded "release date?" question :) The only answer I'm able to give you is: when it's ready. The imminent plan is that the v5 beta will be announced and accessible to anyone with a Pro license. v5 will be officially released once I feel comfortable with how that goes.
acooldozen

Post by acooldozen »

Thanks very much Jeff. Are there downloads to cover multiple devices or are they all singles?
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

I'm not sure what you mean. If you meant to say "licenses" instead of "downloads" then you're allowed to install POP Peeper on up to 3 devices, assuming they're not all simultaneously being used by different people.
acooldozen

Post by acooldozen »

Thanks once again Jeff for your great service. You have answered all of my questions. Will do the deed and purchase the Pro!