All New emails going to Junk view ?

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
sportman40

All New emails going to Junk view ?

Post by sportman40 »

All my New emails keep going in to Junk view how do I make it go to my inbox ?
mjs

Re: All New emails going to Junk view ?

Post by mjs »

To clarify what is actually happening, a little more information would be helpful.

How many messages are involved and over how many days has this been occurring?

Are you saying that when you click on the "Junk View" button you then find these recent "new" messages listed that should have gone to your Inbox?

If this is just a matter of a small number of recent messages over just the past day or so (perhaps this is not necessarily occurring for all messages) and if you have a "Junk View" button and a "Legit" button on your main toolbar then you can do the following:
1) Click on that "Junk View" button in the main PP menu to display all of your Junk messages (which is perhaps what you have done to see the messages you have mentioned).
2) Now that all of your Junk messages are listed in the PP Inbox go to step 3.
3) For each of the messages that are not "Junk" select the message (click once on the message) one at a time and then click on the "Legit" button for that specific message you selected.
4) After you have clicked on the "Legit" button for each of the messages that are not "Junk" then go to step 5.
5) Click on the "Junk View" button again (so that you are not listing only "Junk" messages).
5) Those "new" messages that were formerly "Junk" messages should now be in your Inbox as not "Junk" (Legit) messages.

Does this get the result you want?
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
sportman40

Post by sportman40 »

lakrsool when I click on the "Junk View" button I find these all "new" messages listed that should have gone to my Inbox keeps on going to junk view and how do you set up the emails red blue and green ?
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

In order to see why the messages were mis-evaluated:
Right-click on a message and select
AntiJunk -> Show evaluation

This will show a list of any filters that had influence (both junk and legitimate; legitimate filters will have a negative score). I would recommend doing this for as many messages as possible to find a pattern.

If, for example, you see mostly:
Bayesian: score: 1
Then this means you've probably over-trained your messages as junk. You need to mark your "good" messages as Legitimate.

Make sure to mark any messages that it mis-evaluates as Junk as "Legit" as this will train it for future messages.
sportman40

Post by sportman40 »

Jeff thanks I have another question Can you make popeeper new email popup every time a new email comes in ?
mjs

Post by mjs »

sportman40 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:21 pm Jeff thanks I have another question Can you make popeeper new email popup every time a new email comes in ?
If what you are asking is for the main POP Peeper window to pop-up (open) every time a new message arrives, this can be done by going to Tools > Options > Notifications and setting the "When I receive new mail:" option (in the "Visual" section of the window) to "Open POP Peeper". With this setting the POP Peeper window with all of your messages will open (popup) each time new messages are retrieved by Pop Peeper.

Keep in mind when new messages arrive you would be getting the POP Peeper main window to open (popup) for each new message instead of the "Desktop" Alert (DTA) to popup (assuming the DTA is what you are currently getting for new messages).
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
sportman40

Post by sportman40 »

lakersrool the difference between getting the POP Peeper main window to open (popup) for each new message and the "Desktop" Alert (DTA) to popup (assuming the DTA is what you are currently getting for new messages). Is ?
mjs

Post by mjs »

sportman40 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:09 pm lakersrool the difference between getting the POP Peeper main window to open (popup) for each new message and the "Desktop" Alert (DTA) to popup (assuming the DTA is what you are currently getting for new messages). Is ?
First of all -- I'm not sure this is what you were asking about -- but here are the two examples illustrated by screen-shot results below.

Regarding the Tools > Options > Notifications: "When I receive new mail" setting (in Visual section of window):
1) Set to "Display Desktop Alert" screen-shot example (possibly what you are currently using):
This is what is typically (usually) used for this setting
This is what is typically (usually) used for this setting
PIC-1 DTA POPUP EXAMPLE.png (8.14 KiB) Viewed 6146 times
2) Set to "Open POP Peeper" screen-shot example:
This is the option that I was asking if this is what you meant by your question.
This is the option that I was asking if this is what you meant by your question.
Is the second setting (option #2 above) example what you were asking about? -- when you posted:
sportman40 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:21 pm .... Can you make popeeper new email popup every time a new email comes in ?
I assume you are already getting a Notification popup (you have discussed the DTA and other Notifications etc in the past) -- so I thought perhaps since you do presumably get message retrieval Notifications now -- then this second (#2) option is perhaps what you were asking about. :?
sportman40

Post by sportman40 »

lakrsool regarding the Tools > Options > Notifications: "When I receive new mail" setting (in Visual section of window):
1) Set to "Display Desktop Alert" screen-shot example (possibly what you are currently using):

I did try this when I did it and I use my browser every time Notifications: "When I receive new mail" setting (in Visual section of window): it comes on top of my browser is their a way to make it pop up to the desktop ?

this second (#2) option I do not get please tell me about it ?
mjs

Post by mjs »

sportman40 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:10 pm lakrsool regarding the Tools > Options > Notifications: "When I receive new mail" setting (in Visual section of window):

I did try this when I did it and I use my browser every time Notifications: "When I receive new mail" setting (in Visual section of window): it comes on top of my browser is their a way to make it pop up to the desktop ?
The DTA does popup to your desktop (this is the function of the DTA) and does so in foreground -- that is on top of other stuff (i.e. your open browser). This is what it should do so that you can see the Notification for new messages. If the DTA popup were in background -- that is behind or underneath other stuff (i.e. behind your open browser) then you would not see your Notifications for new messages. So you would not be aware that new messages had arrived if it were "hidden", so to speak, behind other open windows. There is no practical or logical reason that you would want the DTA to display any other way than it does now -- so this is the way the DTA works (that is it will display "on top" of other stuff you have open) and cannot and should not be changed from performing this way.
sportman40 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:10 pm this second (#2) option I do not get please tell me about it ?
It appears this is probably not what you were asking about (I assumed so because you must already have a new message notification that you have been using hence my assumption that perhaps was you original question). Perhaps you can clarify what exactly was your original question? :?

To put it simply -- instead of the DTA popping up when new messages arrive (probably what you may be currently using) what you will get instead is POP Peeper (main interface window) opening up so that all of your messages will display that are in your inbox including the "new" messages" at the time new messages arrive. To clarify further -- this is the same thing as when you click on the POP Peeper icon to open the main interface to see your messages (I have redacted [removed] a lot of this in my former example screen-shot). If this remains confusing to you -- please disregard this option and stay with what you have been using up until now. :D
sportman40

Post by sportman40 »

lakrsrool I guess I am talking about popping up in the taskbar can it do it ?
mjs

Post by mjs »

The answer is NO -- Notifications for new messages cannot popup in the Windows Task Bar. There are other ways to get new message notifications other than the DTA and as I recall you have in the past discussed all of this in great detail.

ADDENDUM: To clarify statement above -- Of course new message notifications can be displayed via a "Tray Icon Balloon Tip" (to the right of the Task Bar) by checking the appropriate box that corresponds to this option in the same "Visual" area towards the bottom of the "Notifications" window

I would suggest that you continue to use what you have been for new message notifications to avoid further confusion (since as I recall you had in the past exhausted all options regarding that topic at that time and ultimately decided upon what you are currently using now for new message notifications).

From what I can see -- your issue regarding "Junk" messages has been addressed.

If not --- feel free to ask any additional questions you may have on the original topic regarding "Junk" messages. :wink:
Last edited by mjs on Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited: for additional clarification I've added the "Addendum" comment regarding the "Tray icon Balloon Tip" new message notifications option
sportman40

Post by sportman40 »

lakersool

this is about my original topic regarding "Junk" messages.

I am now getting all my emails in my inbox here is a issue I see when new email comes in and I open popeeper the new message is not their I have to close popeeper and reopen it to see the new email how come is their a fix for this ?
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

If you switched to view the Junk messages, then minimizing POP Peeper and restoring it will return you back to the normal view. If you leave POP Peeper open, then you need to manually switch back to the normal view by pressing the "Junk View" button.
sportman40

Post by sportman40 »

Jeff can you please give me a screenshot of how this works
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

I'm not sure what screenshots I could show you? I'm presuming you're aware of the "Junk View" button because you mention "Junk view" in the title. You press "Junk view" to view the junk messages, you press it again to return to the legitimate messages. But see screenshot below, that's the default toolbar in POP Peeper v4.

It would be much better if you could provide screenshots yourself. I know that lakrsrool and I are both having problems trying to figure out exactly what you mean, so if you can provide screenshots to help clarify your questions, that would be very helpful.

PPv4_DefaultToolbar.png
mjs

Post by mjs »

Perhaps this will help to elaborate on the "Junk" view button as far as some of what it does.

Example of "Legit" messages viewed:
Notice what is pointed out that specifies that "Legit" (not "Junk") messages are what will display in POP Peeper.
Notice what is pointed out that specifies that "Legit" (not "Junk") messages are what will display in POP Peeper.
Legit View.png (10.2 KiB) Viewed 6115 times
The button appears with the multi-colored icon as pointed out on the button for "Legit" messages. There is a drop-down function that will provide what it is that is getting displayed in POP Peeper.

Example of "Junk" messages viewed:
Notice what is pointed out that specifies that "Junk" (not "Legit") messages are what will display in POP Peeper
Notice what is pointed out that specifies that "Junk" (not "Legit") messages are what will display in POP Peeper
Junk viewed.png (8.43 KiB) Viewed 6115 times
Again the drop-down function helps elucidate what is getting displayed in POP Peeper (in this case "Junk" messages). And again notice that the icon changes to orange colors for "Junk" as pointed out instead of the multi-colored icon on the button.

As Jeff mentioned -- each time the button is clicked on it toggles (switches) between the two type of message lists (either "Legit" or "Junk" in this case). Note: if you make a different selection in the drop-down list of options then the toggle lists will change to what you have selected. So if you select something else than what you see in the screen-shot -- then whatever that selection is will be a part of the toggle results that you will get.

It is probably best to leave in general leave those selections as they are. :wink:

Bottom line sportman40 -- you want to have the button display as in the screen-shot for "Legit" messages -- so you will be getting the messages you expect to see in the POP Peeper In-box. 8)
sportman40

Post by sportman40 »

I have 9 messages a new one comes in 10 messages I open pop peeper to see the 10th new message is not in my inbox until I click on junk view I also see the same thing in junk view as I see in my inbox every email is mostly green same in both inbox and junk view it did not ever work like this the fix is ? can you show me both you set ups

PPv4_DefaultToolbar.
mjs

Post by mjs »

How many accounts do you have in POP Peeper?

Without actual screen-shots it is difficult to know exactly what you are doing and what the results you are getting when you do it.

Please verify each step you have described in your example description that you just posted - PLEASE answer either "Y" or "N" to each question line below that needs a "Y" or "N" answer and include more information if the answer is "N":
01) You "have 9 messages" -- this means you have a total of 9 messages in your POP Peeper In-box -- is this correct (Y or N)?
If "N" please explain more about what you happened.
02) You know this because the last time you opened POP Peeper you recall there were 9 messages -- is this correct (Y or N)?
If "N" please explain more about what happened.
03) "a new one comes in" as you mentioned (and you know this because of the "new" message notification you get from Pop Peeper -- is this correct (Y or N)?
04) You "open pop peeper to see the 10th new message" (so POP Peeper was closed and you do what to open POP Peeper?)
05) When POP Peeper opens you are looking at the messages in the "In-box" and you only see 9 messages and do not see the 10th "new" message -- is this correct (Y or N)?
06) You then click on the "Junk View" button (same button displayed below) -- is this correct (Y or N)?
07) "which is empty" means that you do not see any messages in the POP Peeper In-box -- is this correct (Y or N)?
08) "I close pop peeper" you are doing what to "close" Pop Peeper?
09) then "open it back up" you are doing what to "open" Pop Peeper?
10 When Pop Peeper opens you then see 10 messages instead of the 9 you had previously seen in the Pop Peeper Inbox -- is this correct (Y or N)?

Questions 1-3 and 5-7 and 10 should have either "Y" or "N" answers and if there are "N" answers please explain more about your "N" answer. The other questions would need explanations.

Each can be posted by just including the number and the "Y" or "N" or explanation reply such as the answers might be: 01) Y and 02) N and 03) N and so on etc etc etc. (the "N" answers would need an explanation why the answer is "N".

Sorry -- but without screen-shots; speaking for myself I'm not totally clear exactly what is happening based on what you're describing.

I am now able to leave a screen-shot of the "Junk View" button for reference:
Junk View Button.png
Junk View Button.png (1.07 KiB) Viewed 6092 times
Testing that I was doing by leaving POP Peeper displaying only "Junk" (i.e. "Junk View" button enabled) and then exiting POP Peeper via the menu "File" function thus ending the PP process (with the intention to start PP back up after displaying "Junk" messages window) after which I am currently unable to successfully start PP back up.
Last edited by mjs on Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Modified post to add screen-shot of "Junk View" button (and to strick-out other comments that no longer apply)
sportman40

Post by sportman40 »

lakersool My answers I have one account

01) You "have 9 messages" -- this means you have a total of 9 messages in your POP Peeper In-box -- is this correct (Y or N)?
If "N" please explain more about what you happened. yes

02) You know this because the last time you opened POP Peeper you recall there were 9 messages -- is this correct (Y or N)?
If "N" please explain more about what happened. yes

03) "a new one comes in" as you mentioned (and you know this because of the "new" message notification you get from Pop Peeper -- is this correct (Y or N)?
If "N" please explain more about what happened. see 10 on pop peeper icon then I open see 9

04) You "open pop peeper to see the 10th new message" (so POP Peeper was closed and you do what to open POP Peeper?)

I click on the icon in the taskbar Which says 10

05) When POP Peeper opens you are looking at the messages in the "In-box" and you only see 9 messages and do not see the 10th "new" message -- is this correct (Y or N)? yes

06) You then click on the "Junk View" button (same button displayed below) -- is this correct (Y or N)?

yes

07) "which is empty" means that you do not see any messages in the POP Peeper In-box -- is this correct (Y or N)?

I click on the "Junk View" button (same button displayed below) -

08) "I close pop peeper" you are doing what to "close" Pop Peeper?

Exit

09) then "open it back up" you are doing what to "open" Pop Peeper?

click on pop peeper icon in taskbar

10 When Pop Peeper opens you then see 10 messages instead of the 9 you had previously seen in the Pop Peeper Inbox -- is this correct (Y or N)?

yes