Pop Peeper browser ?

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
sportman40

Pop Peeper browser ?

Post by sportman40 »

My Main browser is Firefox when I cilck on a email message in popeeper can I make it go to another browser rather then my main Firefox
mjs

Re: Pop Peeper browser ?

Post by mjs »

Yes you can -- First make sure you have "Advanced" options enabled by going to "Tools">"Options" then open the "General" window and make sure that there is a check mark in the box for "Advanced Options" toward the right-top of the window.

Addendum: "Advanced Options" is not required for the settings below.

After that then Go to "Tools">"PPTweaker">"Misc2" for this setting which is at the bottom of the window where you can set the browser of choice as far as any browser you have installed. The "Force POP Peeper to open link in your external browser...." will use the browser you have set in Windows as your default browser.

So of course you have a choice to either change your choice of Windows Default browser or to use the box at the bottom of the page to enter the path to a browser that you have installed (leaving this box blank will cause PP to use the browser that is set as the Windows default browser).
Last edited by mjs on Fri May 08, 2020 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Addendum comment added
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
sportman40

Post by sportman40 »

lakrsool got stuck here "PPTweaker">"Misc2" can you give me a screenshot how to make the browser chrome it is Firefox ?
mjs

Post by mjs »

To make it simple....

First, uncheck the "Force POP Peeper to open link in your external browser...." option

Then enter C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe in the "Browser to launch URL's" box.

Then Click "OK" button.

Example:
change to another browser to launch URL's.png
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
sportman40

Post by sportman40 »

lakrsool I enter C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe in the "Browser to launch URL's" box.

Then Click "OK" button.

I then clicked on a new message it did not go to chrome saw message in pop peeper not in chrome
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

You cannot open *messages* in another browser, you can only open LINKS that you click on in a message in a different browser.
sportman40

Post by sportman40 »

Jeff how do I open LINKS that you click on in a message in a different browser.do you need a screenshot ?
mjs

Post by mjs »

OK I tried to make it simple -- perhaps your Chrome is not installed in the usual location.

You would then need to use the button circled in the screen-shot to find the location of the Chrome browser in your system.
Find Executable file location.png
Find Executable file location.png (5.75 KiB) Viewed 4951 times
Personally I think you should just leave this alone and let POP Peeper use your default Firefox browser.

This may be getting a little too complicated for you in my opinion.

Or perhaps you might try making Chrome your Windows Default browser -- but then I'm at a loss why you are doing this anyway because you may actually want what you call your "main" Firefox browser to be your Windows default browser. :-k

Can I ask you a question sportman40 and get an answer?

Why are you wanting to do this?
mjs

Post by mjs »

I'm going to turn this over to Jeff -- sportman40. :-s

I was assuming that sportman40 was speaking of message links -- but then maybe not... :?
sportman40

Post by sportman40 »

Jeff where would you
find the location of the Chrome browser in your system. ?
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Same location that lakrsrool mentioned. That's the default location.

Lakrsrool brought up a good question, though -- *why* do you want to do this?
sportman40

Post by sportman40 »

Jeff and lakrsool thanks for your valuable time am going to leave it as is for now thanks