about UPDATE

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Lara

about UPDATE

Post by Lara »

Hi, This program was last updated on Aug 25, 2019 so is it forgotten?
Please update as soon as possible but must be Clean/Careful/Attentive.. Because when opening and closing windows gives error, circa for 2 year.. So we had a problem at that time, a few people had for 2 years already written this error.. We are waiting for new updating OK:) Thank you.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: about UPDATE

Post by Jeff »

Problems don't fix themselves because of an update -- if the problem isn't reported, it can't be fixed. You have emailed me before (regarding your creating your forum), but you didn't mention any problem with POP Peeper.

So, I'm not sure what issue you're referring to, but I would be happy to look into it with your assistance. Please provide as much relevant detail as possible, including a screenshot of the error. If you have links or information as to any prior reports of the problem you're referring to, include links to them.

P.S. Please don't cross-post.
Lara

about UPDATE

Post by Lara »

Hi Jeff, I mentioned it years ago so it's been a long time, was on the forum but deleted.
Anyway if you update, maybe it will be fixed why not?
By the way, i can't capture the screenshot because i saw the error when closing my windows but i will try..
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

We don't delete messages from the forum, so there's a good chance that the post is still archived (not publicly accessible). If you remember the username or email address that you used before, PM that to me and I'll see if I can find it.

If it's a reproducible issue (ie. trying to open same message always causes the problem), then that's something I can test to see if the problem has been fixed or not in v5. So if that's the case, save the message and email it to me (do not post it in the forum):
1) Right-click on the message in PP's message list
2) Select View -> View source
3) This will open your text editor, save the file
4) Attach the saved file and send via email (be sure to remind me why you're sending; random emails with no information about why they're being sent may get ignored/deleted)
Lara

Post by Lara »

i send with e-mail about olders correspondence, we corresponded by mail not in the forum, I remembered:)
I will do what you wrote but no problem on PP.. Problem is when closed and open my windows..
I do not catch the error with the screenshot but I will try to take a picture, OK? :P
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Ok, I'll have to wait for any screenshots/pictures you can send because I don't see any details in the email about what you're describing here.

btw, when you say, "Problem is when closed and open my windows.."
1) Do you mean Windows (uppercase W), as in the Windows OS? as opposed to windows (lowercase w), as in some window in POP Peeper?

2) If you mean Windows OS, does "closed and open" mean shutting down and restarting the OS?
Lara

about UPDATE

Post by Lara »

When i said "closed and open my Windows" i mean "When opening or shut down my computer" OK:)
Therefore do not catch the error with the screenshot but i will try to take a picture so i will try to send it soon..
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Do the errors not occur when you manually exit/start POP Peeper?

Also, I can understand not being able to screenshot when the error occurs at shutdown; but if the same error occurs at startup, you should be able to use PrtScr or the snipping tool. But -- whatever method works.

Does the problem occur *every* time you shutdown/start Windows or just sometimes? If "sometimes" do you have a rough estimate, like 1 in 10 times?
Lara

Post by Lara »

Hi Jeff, When i manually exit/start POP Peeper no error occurs just as i described (When opening or shut down my computer) and often doing.
When i will try to take a picture with my phone i will to send error content OK?
Lara

Post by Lara »

I sent the screenshot to your mail OK?
Lara

about UPDATE

Post by Lara »

Hi, Jeff
Please updateee OK:) Last update was one year ago..