Lots of Spam

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
viviand

Lots of Spam

Post by viviand »

I have been using PP for years now; thanks! 1-2 spam emails used to get through to my inbox every couple of months or so. Since the last update several get through a day from various sources. Any suggestion as to what I might do? Thanks in advance!
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Lots of Spam

Post by Jeff »

It's unlikely that there's any correlation with upgrading POP Peeper (I assume you mean v4.5.3), as there weren't any changes to AntiJunk.

Can you post the results of some sample messages (up to you how many, but at least a few so we can see if there's a pattern)
1) Right-click the message in POP Peeper's message list and select:
AntiJunk -> Show evaluation
2) Copy and paste the resulting text in the window (censor any email addresses or other sensitive information that may be displayed)
viviand

Post by viviand »

Yes, I am running 4.53.

By the time I posted yesterday; I had deleted the 5-6 that came through. I have two so far to send but I don't see anything related to anti-junk when I right click. I am using the free version not the premium.

Thanks again and as always your fast response time is commendable!

Stay safe!
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

The free version of POP Peeper does not filter spam, so there's nothing that can be done -- POP Peeper simply tells you what's on the server. From your original post, I thought you meant that PP had been filtering spam but was now getting through.
viviand

Post by viviand »

Well something is filtering SPAM because my spam folder fills up daily. I assumed it was PP. I always had problems before PP then it went away with PP (with the odd exception) and now has come back. Thanks just the same.
mjs

Post by mjs »

You're Email Service Provider(s) would probably be what is filtering out SPAM into their native SPAM folders. Would this be the SPAM folder(s) you are speaking of? (i.e. MS Outlook.com and Yahoo Email etc. etc., may at times filter SPAM into their respective "Junk Email" folders)
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
viviand

Post by viviand »

Maybe; I jumped to the conclusion it was PP because I noticed a change after I updated PP. Thanks for the help!