Can't see the picture in Youtube email notifications(Windows high contrast mode)

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
jj14

Can't see the picture in Youtube email notifications(Windows high contrast mode)

Post by jj14 »

Hi.
I changed the Windows appearence to high contrast mode. Now the video previews are not displayed in Pop Peeper. Is there any workaround?

Pop Peeper 4.5.3.0

Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Can't see the picture in Youtube email notifications(Windows high contrast mode)

Post by Jeff »

I wouldn't think that the Windows setting would affect that, but it's possible. Can you provide a sample message that I can test with? Save the message in POP Peeper by viewing it and then File / Save message as. PM the file to me or send it via email (it may contain personal info, so don't post it to the public forum).
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Can't see the picture in Youtube email notifications(Windows high contrast mode)

Post by Jeff »

Ok, I can confirm the problem in Win7 using High Contrast. Unfortunately, this can't be fixed at this time. The problem lies in the HTML rendering engine that POP Peeper uses, which is based on Internet Explorer, and opening the original HTML directly in IE11 exhibits the same issue.

Interestingly, I opened it in an older version of Firefox at first and it caused the same problem. I'm using a Virtual Machine to run Win7, and so this version of Firefox was pretty old. After I allowed Firefox to update itself, the problem went away. So, it's safe to say that Google is using some newer technology that IE doesn't support which is causing the problem.

There are plans to look into supporting a more modern web browser, but that's not something that will happen overnight. As a work-around, if you have Thunderbird or another email client installed, you can use File / Open message in client from the view-message menu.
jj14

Post by jj14 »

Thanks anyway.