Hot Key Problem

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Rakdan

Hot Key Problem

Post by Rakdan »

When I am using POP Peeper (4.5.3.0), there is a hot key "L" which brings up a window stating that the AutoLink plugin is not loaded, and asking if I want to buy the Pro version. I opened an email with a survey. (Do to poor programming of the survey, I suppose), the survey came up in my email window in POP Peeper. Part of the survey had a free-entry edit box. I could not type anything with the letter L. As soon as I typed it, this window would pop up, and the L would not appear on my screen. I looked through some of the options, and I saw some items identified with hotkeys, but they were all key combinations, rather than just a simple key like L. I also saw no way to change the hot keys. Can this be fixed to remove the hotkey of L when it is not part of a key combination being typed?
mjs

Re: Hot Key Problem

Post by mjs »

Have you tried from the main PP menu going to "Tools" > "PPtweaker..." and then select "Hotkeys" where you can change "Hotkeys" as well as click on the "Clear All" button?

As to the key "L" -- take note: There is a "Shortcut" Key default (not the same as "Hot Key") that uses the key "L" which is an "Anti-Junk" shortcut key to mark messages as "Legitimate" when your in the PP Read (message) Window. You can see this by selecting "Shortcuts" above the "Hotkeys" option in the same "PPtweaker" window.

Since you are using PP v4.5.3.0 - I cannot test for what you're getting exactly.

I'm confused as to what exactly it is that you are doing and what it is you're getting as a result of what you are doing.

At what point (i.e. what PP window) are you entering the "L"?

Can you provide detailed step-by-step explanation of what your doing?

And can you please post a screen-shot of what it is exactly that you're getting when you do this?
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Rakdan

Post by Rakdan »

I have nothing listed in hotkeys. I hit clear all anyway, and it has no effect.
mjs

Post by mjs »

Rakdan wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:13 pm I have nothing listed in hotkeys. I hit clear all anyway, and it has no effect.
Please provide a step-by-step detailed explanation of what it is that you are doing (what PP windows are involved and what it is you are specifically doing at the time). And please post an example screen-shot of what it is that you get for results when you do this (i.e. the "window stating that the AutoLink plugin is not loaded" as you stated). Thanks
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Rakdan

Post by Rakdan »

I just opened the email notifying me of the last post in this forum, and typed an L to get the screen shot below.
Attachments
POP Peeper Screen Shot.jpg
mjs

Post by mjs »

^ hmm, that is interesting... (and thank you for the clarification :wink:)
As I posted previously:
lakrsrool wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 10:07 pm As to the key "L" -- take note: There is a "Shortcut" Key default (not the same as "Hot Key") that uses the key "L" which is an "Anti-Junk" shortcut key to mark messages as "Legitimate" when your in the PP Read (message) Window. You can see this by selecting "Shortcuts" above the "Hotkeys" option in the same "PPtweaker" window.
The "L" key is used for "Anti-Junk". Which is why you are getting the message "The Anti-Junk Plugin is not Loaded" in the dialog box you've captured i your screen-shot -- which would mean just that. You do not have the Anti-Junk plugin installed.

As I mentioned -- Go to "Tools" > "PPTweaker..." and select "Shortcuts" (instead of "HotKeys") and then select "AntiJunk: Mark as Legit". You should see that the "L" key is set for this function (to mark messages as "Legitimate").

Do you have the PRO version of POP Peeper?

If you do have the PRO version of POP Peeper then you would definitely want to click on the "Activate..." button when you get that dialog box your getting. This should solve your issue (no longer get the dialog box) -- however keep in mind that you would want to only use the "L" shortcut key to mark a message you have open as "Legit" -- so that future messages from that domain would from then on be considered "Legitimate" messages so you would not be required to double-click on the yellow warning banner to retrieve the message in it's entirety.

If you do not have the PRO version of POP Peeper -- I'm wondering if you should even have these "Shortcuts" set at all.

Do you have some reason why you want to enter the "L" key stroke when you open a message?

I ask -- because this Key is set for the Anti:Junk feature (as explained above).

You do have the option to change, remove or reset to default any of these "Shortcut" keys as you can see in the "Shortcuts" Window I referred you to previously (which you could consider doing if you do not have the PRO version of POP Peeper).
Rakdan

Post by Rakdan »

I am using the free version.
I went in and disabled the J and the L - the two shortcuts that are just a single letter with no special keys.
I clicked apply next to where it said "None" in the "Press new shortcut key" edit box.
It now shows blanks in the "Current Keys" edit box.
I restarted POP Peeper, and even tried logging off and back on again.
I confirmed that the changes are showing up in POP Peeper.
Yet, it is still popping up with this message when I type L.
mjs

Post by mjs »

Does it show blank in the "Current Keys" box - specifically when you select "Anti:Junk Mark as Legit" in the "Shortcuts" window?

If so then you should not be getting this Dialog you're getting when pressing the "L" key when reading messages.

If you still are -- with the "Current Keys" box empty when selecting the "Anti:Junk Mark as Legit" option then this is a problem (which will need to be looked into).
Rakdan

Post by Rakdan »

Yes. Current keys is blank, and I am still having the problem.
mjs

Post by mjs »

OK -- I've tested for this and I can confirm the same behavior.

I've disabled my AntiJunk (filter) plugin and removed the "L" value for "Shortcuts" for the "Anti:Junk Mark as Legit" setting and I still get the dialog telling me I need to install the AntiJunk plugin.

I may be wrong -- but it is my opinion this dialog should not occur under these circumstances.

We will need to followup on this - thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will get back to you when we can.
Rakdan

Post by Rakdan »

Thanks for all your prompt replies.
I look forward to hearing back after you investigate this.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Rakdan -- are you changing the shortcut keys for the *Message* window? There's a dropdown for the "Window" at the top and the "J" and "L" keys are defined for both "Main" and "Message" and the one that's affecting you is "Message."
Rakdan

Post by Rakdan »

That worked. Thanks.