What's going on with Microsoft (Outlook, Live, Hotmail) Accounts?

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
larhof

What's going on with Microsoft (Outlook, Live, Hotmail) Accounts?

Post by larhof »

Pop Peeper cannot log into any Microsoft email service (Outlook, Live.com, Hotmail) since yesterday (Aug 2, 2020) All accounts are set for IMAP as specified previously on this board in April. I tried switching to webmail but to no avail.

Help.
Last edited by spc3rd on Mon Aug 03, 2020 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic moved from EMAIL sub-forum to POP Peeper forum for better attention.
spc3rd

Re: What's going on with Microsoft (Outlook, Live, Hotmail) Accounts?

Post by spc3rd »

Hi larhof and welcome to the Esumsoft Forums!

To better assist you, we need a bit more information. Please post back with your answers to the following:

1. Which version of POP Peeper are you using?

2. If you are receiving any error messages in POP Peeper, please include the complete text of them in your next reply, by following the instructions in the Sticky below:

PP error messages: How to view them & copy/paste into your post

3. Which operating system are you using?

4. Are you able to log-in to the affected accounts via your browser?

Other members of the The Esumsoft Team will be reviewing your inquiry later and provide additional feedback. In the interim, as you are our newest member, we ask that you please review the following Sticky article:

Information for new users and forum members

The article provides important information which all members should be aware of. Please let us know if you have any questions or comments.

Thank you & welcome aboard! :)
Last edited by spc3rd on Mon Aug 03, 2020 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to add an additional question.
Global Moderator
mjs

Post by mjs »

Welcome to the forum larhof,

Please explain in more detail what it is you mean by POP Peeper cannot log into Microsoft Email Service.

Do you have other accounts than MSN accounts (Hotmail, Outlook.com etc) - such as Yahoo, Gmail etc.?

If so are they working OK?

I would add that the "Error Messages" that spc3rd (Pete) has requested you provide us in his post above is very important in regards to helping us evaluate your problem (which is something we would expect to have occurred based on the issue you have described).
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
larhof

Post by larhof »

My bad. I should have checked the error messages before posting. Turns out it was an OAuth issue that I had to reauthorize. All is well. Thanks.
spc3rd

Post by spc3rd »

Glad everything is working normally again, and thanks for updating us! :mrgreen:

Best regards.
Global Moderator