Plus pack can't be downloaded from the website

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
lwc

Plus pack can't be downloaded from the website

Post by lwc »

The download button in https://www.esumsoft.com/products/pop-peeper/plus-pack/ just redirects to the main download page.
v5 recognized I had v4's Plus pack and asked if it's okay to download a new version, so I did manage to download it through the program itself. But that's only for upgrades.
mjs

Re: Plus pack can't be downloaded from the website

Post by mjs »

lwc wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:36 pm The download button in https://www.esumsoft.com/products/pop-peeper/plus-pack/ just redirects to the main download page.
v5 recognized I had v4's Plus pack and asked if it's okay to download a new version, so I did manage to download it through the program itself. But that's only for upgrades.
By scrolling down the page you get redirected to, there is an option to download the latest POP Peeper Plus Pack version using the Product Request form.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Yeah, lwc is right, that download button really shouldn't have even been there. That was just some sloppy copy/paste I did when adding those fancy new buttons recently.

However, lwc is not quite as right when stating that it's only for upgrades -- Auto-Update will install the Plus Pack even if it's not already installed.
lwc

Post by lwc »

Thanks! I see the download button is gone now. Would you like to replace it with a link to "Product Request"?

Since I didn't get to try a non upgrade installation, how does one initiate a pack installation through the program itself?
Does it just produce a pop up on the first launch?
mjs

Post by mjs »

lwc wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:27 am Thanks! I see the download button is gone now. Would you like to replace it with a link to "Product Request"?

Since I didn't get to try a non upgrade installation, how does one initiate a pack installation through the program itself?
Does it just produce a pop up on the first launch?
If you scroll down to the bottom of that Update page (https://www.esumsoft.com/products/pop-peeper/plus-pack/) you will see the "Product Request" form for what you are asking about (Plus Pack).

Oh - wait... on second thought -- you're asking about a 30 trial option for the Plus Pack if I'm not mistaken.

Hmm, there is an automatic 30 day PRO trail -- I'm personally not sure about the same thing for the Plus Pack -- you'll have to wait for Jeff to get back to you with further details on this I'm afraid. Sorry about that.
Last edited by mjs on Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Edited to include additional comments
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

You'll see a download button in the status bar when there's an update available.
lwc

Post by lwc »

Now I understand the link to "Request Form" is at the bottom, I missed it. Will you consider putting it at the top too? I think it'll be more user friendly.

Jeff, if someone never installed Plus will PP still show them an update?
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

There are plenty of places to access the product request form, most notably within POP Peeper itself: Tools / Activation: "I've already purchased"

The Plus Pack will install if you activate the Plus Pack.