spoofed sender

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
orracle51

spoofed sender

Post by orracle51 »

I have started to get several emails where one of my addresses has been spoofed to look like the sender so it's impossible to send to blacklist.

I can tell by digging, these are coming from a uk domain but I can't figure out a way for POP peeper to see that and block it. Ideas?
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: spoofed sender

Post by Jeff »

It's hard for us to describe a rule without seeing the details (which, obviously, you should not post verbatim on a public forum), but if I understand what's happening:
If you create a rule that REQUIRES both:
- "+FromAddress" "Equals" (your email address)
- "+To/Cc" "Contains" (your email address)

Then that should catch it. I want to reiterate to make sure that both subrules have the "Req" checkbox enabled (all required).

If you want this to affect any account and not just a partiuclar email address, you can use %email% for the (your email address) -- %email% will use whatever email address you've specified in your account as the email address to test against.

This rule would catch anything that you're (supposedly) sending to yourself. If you do send yourself something, you will typically use BCC, which the above rule will NOT affect. And, as always, I recommend testing it for a while and making sure it's not catching legitimate email before blindly using to to auto-delete spam.
orracle51

Re: spoofed sender

Post by orracle51 »

Thanks. I'll set up something for this. I have several email accounts and the one that gets spoofed is the one I use for "stuff" so it's the one that gets the most spam.
Last edited by spc3rd on Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic moved from EMAIL to POP Peeper sub-forum.