View options

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
KristOFF

View options

Post by KristOFF »

Hello,

v5.0 is a great job !
Congratulations

Just a question, or 2 questions,
In message window, Is there an option to hide the line [ View "All Accounts" .... Search <Ctrl + K< ]
and same question to hide the tab bar [ Inbox - Outbox - Draft - Search ]
?

It should be great to have theses options (with optional 2 buttons) to have a larger message window with same height than accounts window.

Thank you for your answer
and sorry, when you offer more option to the user, he asks for more :?

Regards

KristOFF
spc3rd

Re: View options

Post by spc3rd »

Welcome to the Esumsoft Forums, KristOFF,

In response to your questions, I am not aware of any way to accomplish what you have asked about.
(I.e., by hiding the two lines you mention).

However, other members of The Esumsoft Team will likely drop by and provide additional feedback for you as well.

In the interim, as you are our newest member, we ask that you please review the following Sticky:

Information for new users and forum members

The article contains important information which all new members should be aware of. If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to let us know.

Thank you and welcome aboard! :)
Global Moderator
mjs

Post by mjs »

KristOFF wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:55 pm .... Just a question, or 2 questions,
In message window, Is there an option to hide the line [ View "All Accounts" .... Search <Ctrl + K< ]
and same question to hide the tab bar [ Inbox - Outbox - Draft - Search ]
It should be great to have theses options (with optional 2 buttons) to have a larger message window with same height than accounts window.
Hi KristOFF,
Based on what you've asked, if I understand your question, you're asking if what is enclosed in the red box below can be optional (in order to facilitate a larger area for the Inbox):
You can click on the screen-shot image to enlarge (to return to forum topic use the browser back-arrow)
You can click on the screen-shot image to enlarge (to return to forum topic use the browser back-arrow)
The answer (as Pete [spc3rd] mentioned as well) is -- there is not an option to accomplish what you want. We appreciate your suggestion -- but from my perspective doing this would not be practical. If you send messages it can be necessary to have access to the "Outbox" tab. Also if you "hide" all of what is enclosed in the red box you would not have access to some very important PP functions including the "Search" feature not to mention the ability to focus the Inbox on specific accounts among other things.

Bottom line: in my opinion, it wouldn't be a good idea to not have access to these PP features. (Perhaps an argument can be made to have a toggle button somewhere on the Interface to do this as you have suggested - but then the required toggle button will be taking up room as well)

Oh and thank you for your compliments as they are very much appreciated. Image

Other members of the Esumsoft Team may have additional comments/opinions as well.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
KristOFF

Post by KristOFF »

Many thanks for your quick replies !
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

There is an option:
- main menu: Tools / PPtweaker
- select the "Interface" page
- Change the "Position for mail controls"

Note that this feature only works with POP Peeper Pro.

edit: you cannot remove/disable the tabs
mjs

Post by mjs »

KristOFF,

The option mentioned by Jeff could suffice to accomplish a large part of what you have requested (see screen-shot example) which is to remove features above the Inbox (by using the "None" option) to increase the Inbox area and to make the Inbox pane to be more in alignment with the Accounts pane:
Click on image to enlarge for better viewing (use browser back-arrow to return to forum topic)
Click on image to enlarge for better viewing (use browser back-arrow to return to forum topic)
Doing this does increase the Inbox size some and aligns the top of the Inbox pane closer to the Accounts pane by removing the drop-down, buttons and search functions in doing so. But as Jeff mentioned - making this (PRO Edition) change requires a PP restart thus it doesn't operate as a toggle function to disable/enable these features so you would not have easy access to any of these removed functions by doing this.

Addendum: Note - I didn't try this (so no screen-shot - but would presumably give the same look as illustrated) but you could reposition this part of the PP Interface to the bottom by selecting the "Bottom" option (instead of either "Top" or "None") -- which would provide you with access to these features (at the bottom) of PP and at the same time would presumably align the top of the Inbox pane closer to the the top of the Accounts pane. So you might want to try that option. :wink: (and there are many other options in that "Interface" window that Jeff referenced as well)
Last edited by mjs on Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
KristOFF

Post by KristOFF »

Hi,

If I asked how to hide this line, it is because I had upgraded to version 5, and the old version 4.52 (free version) that I was using,
did not have this line.
And since I didn't have the utility, I thought it was a shame to go back to version 4.52, to not have the display of this line.
For now, I will continue to test version 5.

Thank you for your answers !!