AntiJunk - Email not going to virtual Junk folder

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
kbpr1600

AntiJunk - Email not going to virtual Junk folder

Post by kbpr1600 »

I have set up AntiJunk so that most junk mail will be marked as junk. My understanding is that this will put these emails into a virtual Junk folder that I can then check to verify that these items are junk. However, I can't find this virtual folder, and Pop Peeper's AntiJunk keeps automatically deleting these emails instead, before I can verify. I see the Junk, Legit, and Junk View icons in my tool bar, but I can't find any option to change this setting. The only emails I have set to automatically be deleted are blacklisted addresses.

How can I fix this?
mjs

Re: AntiJunk - Email not going to virtual Junk folder

Post by mjs »

You can go to "Tools" > "Anti / Rules" > "Settings..." (from the main menu) to change the (default) "Delete" of Junk Mail.

It has been noted by Jeff (below)that PP does not "delete" by default (anything) -- so I've edited my comment to reflect this.

Sorry for any confusion. :oops:
Last edited by mjs on Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

The virtual folder you're looking for is the "Junk View" button on the toolbar; if it's not there, you can select View / Customize toolbar from the menu. Usually, pressing the button will toggle between the legit and junk messages; you can also see more options by pressing the arrow on the right-side of the Junk View button.

It should be noted that POP Peeper doesn't delete anything by default, but of course it can be configured to do that.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

There's been some confusion with this. What lakrsrool was referring to was the option to delete messages when you mark them as Junk. But my understanding of the original question was that POP Peeper was evaluating messages as junk, and deleting them; and my response to that is -- disable the change you made to delete Junk messages if you want to evaluate them first. The most likely place this was set is:
Tools / AntiJunk -> Settings
Select the "Actions" page
Disable "Delete" in the "Actions if Junk" section
(if this isn't set, you probably set "Delete" in one of the individual Filters or Rules)

Now, alternatively, if lakrsrool's interpretation was correct -- you want to make sure that messages end up in Junk after you explicitly mark them as Junk, then you can disable the delete-when-marked-as-junk option as he mentioned. But, usually, you have time to check that yourself since the message won't be deleted until the next mail check.