Pop Peeper v5 - Theme Message List custom color issue

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
cloq

Pop Peeper v5 - Theme Message List custom color issue

Post by cloq »

Hello,

It seems when I choose a custom color for Message list background window, the font color defaults to my windows font color instead of the default black.

When revert it to theme silver/grey light theme color, it goes back to grey background and black text. When I choose custom color, it shows custom color and windows default font color.

I tried to edit the theme's ini Main_maillist color but same results as above, I get my custom color but windows font color. :?

My color choice being: #008080 (teal) for mail message background, and default black text.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Pop Peeper v5 - Theme Message List custom color issue

Post by Jeff »

This is related to this discussion

Basically, POP Peeper needs to determine "light" vs "dark" colors so that the text color will be visible. e.g. if you have a black background and black text, that would be invisible, so POP Peeper changes the text from black to white.

In your case, #008080 is considered "dark" and so it will change your account colors to light, which is why your assigned-black text colors will be white. An option to override this is being considered.

I did some testing and found that if you use color 0/164/164, that PP will consider the teal color "light" and allow dark text colors.
cloq

Post by cloq »

Ah.. that is something of a conclusion I came to as well.

I noticed it when I went to a lighter greener color font shifted back to black and when I went to dark green, shifted back to white.

Please consider the override feature ( [-o< ), white on teal makes my eyes go funny. I ended up going back to POP 4.5.

Black on teal is rather easy on my eyes plus something I have been use to for years.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

The fonts shouldn't be shifting from green to black/white. If the color you originally assigned is light green, it will change to dark green. I know that isn't germane to the problem you're having, but I just wanted to clarify. And, like I said, you can still use a shade of teal which isn't too far off from what you had -- and you can change that in v4.5 to see if it suits you without having to re-install v5 first.
cloq

Post by cloq »

Sorry didn't clarify, it's the font color that shifts from black to windows font color (in my case white) based on lighter/darker background color as you mentioned.

Tried upgrading from 4.5 to 5 doesn't keep my current color scheme intact.

I switched back to 4.5 and colors are as they should be. I will stick with the older version till the new version gets an override feature (assuming). I tried futzing with other shades of green, none really appealed. Ah.. well.

Regardless, I still went ahead and purchased an upgrade as I am more than happy to support an excellent program that I have been using for years and years. I would rather see you as a productive developer than app being abandoned. :mrgreen:

thanks again!
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Since this is a redundant topic, I'm locking this thread; please use the original thread for further discussion.

There is an update on this discussion, so check out the details here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7492&p=38721#p38721