Advert in PP

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Advert in PP

Post by Jeff »

If you right-click on that banner, there's a "what's this" link which takes you to:
https://www.esumsoft.com/products/pop-peeper/banner/

I'm sorry you feel the way that you do. Most people won't even be seeing this banner at the moment, it's only people with a rather significant number of accounts that are seeing the current banner, and it means that you have not paid for any of the licenses (Pro, Plus Pack, WebMail). More over, the banner is not a popup and only uses space that is otherwise empty.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

To quote the information page:
"You may occasionally see a banner above the message list which provides a link to purchase POP Peeper Pro or another Esumsoft product... POP Peeper doesn't show 3rd party ads or sell your data; the only way that Esumsoft makes money is when you purchase an Esumsoft product like POP Peeper Pro."

If there were not POP Peeper users who supported my efforts, then POP Peeper would have ended a long time ago; this is how I make my living. And, yes, 22 is a lot of accounts (a number I would call "significant"). The most common way similar products have persuaded users to purchase the premium product is by restricting accounts (to 1).
mjs

Post by mjs »

johnwrites wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:13 pm It is not free if it carries a banner....
I would add one additional point if I may, which is to say that the functions that do remain FREE (as listed in this linked page) do so regardless of the occasional banner ad (so to be fair - your characterization is not entirely accurate :wink:).
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
mjs

Post by mjs »

johnwrites wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:02 am it is accurate. Free means free with no obligation of any sort
John, considering as of next month (as a 16 year forum member) you have been using the Free Edition of POP Peeper for a very long time -- we of the Esumsoft Team would like to reach a sincere understanding of some kind. So let me try, one last time, to accomplish this by pointing out that the "Free Edition" of POP Peeper has not changed in regards to any imposed monetary "obligation" of any kind.

The Free Edition of POP Peeper remains an option and continues to be "free" just as it has been in the past (with no limitation imposed upon the number of accounts) - is this not the case :?:

Considering that the benefit of using the Free Edition (that remains "free" just as it has been and continues to be) has not changed in that respect, I would have to say any "obligation" apart from "free" (of which there is no "obligation" in respect to cost) is simply not accurate in my view.

Hopefully my sincere commentary will help us reach an understanding. :wink: If not, well then at least I have tried and we can, in a friendly manner,
simply agree to disagree. :) And leave it at that. 8)
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers