Not seeing all my messages

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
techmanc

Not seeing all my messages

Post by techmanc »

well for some reason I not Not seeing all my messages as opposed to my AOL acct

let me post for ques and follow up
mjs

Re: Not seeing all my messages

Post by mjs »

You haven't followed up - are still not seeing all the messages you think you should?

If you're problem remains you could try looking for hidden messages by temporarily displaying any possible hidden messages. To do this temporarily (from the main PP menu) go to "Messages" > then uncheck "Enable display filters". Then check to see if the missing messages are listed in your PP In-box (be sure to check this option again when done checking to enable the "Enable display filters..." option again).

If this doesn't help - you might try checking to see if you may have restricted the number of messages that can be displayed in your PP In-box. To do this go to "Tools" > "Options" > "Message Retrieval" to see if you have something other than "0" in the "Max number of messages to retrieve" ("0" represents no limit). This same setting can also be account specific that can be checked by editing your PP account(s) to check for this in the "Advanced" page at the bottom. Note: if the "Advanced" page is not listed when you edit the PP account then you will first need to enable "Advanced options" under "Tools" > "Options" > "General" from the Main PP window to gain access to the "Advanced" option when editing accounts.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
techmanc

Post by techmanc »

I think the problem happened when PopPeeper crashed and i lost part of that database was lost and now I showing messages 10/20/20

I have 52 messages there going from 10/20/20 to current date 10/31/20

There were no backups I made previously and I am concerned it could happen again
mjs

Post by mjs »

POP Peeper (PP) should reflect each of the messages you have in each of your accounts that you can observe when logged into the accounts on-line (on the web - that is with the exception of either hidden messages or if PP is limiting the number of messages if in fact either is the case.).

So to clarify - you are saying that there are messages in PP that range from 10-20-20 to the current date - is that correct?

Do you have messages in your email accounts when viewing on-line that predate the 10-20-20 date? (if so - is this the case for all of your email accounts - that is they all have messages that predate what you see in PP?)

How many accounts do you have in PP?

What protocols are you using for your email accounts -- edit the account(s) and look to the "Server type" setting in the "General" account edit window for this.

In regards to the PP crash:
1) What version of PP are you running?
2) When did the crash occur?
3) Do you recall what it was your were doing in PP when it happened?
4) What version of Windows are you using?
5) Please post the following by going to "Tools" > "Options" > "Storage":
5a) Ini location
5b) Data path

Thanks

Other members of the Esumsoft Team may have followup comments or questions as well.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
techmanc

Post by techmanc »

right now here what I think happened poppeper was not responding I am using the newest version 5 so when I rebooted my pc I got my messages working again and all my old messages are gone so that why I have 2 different message count.

At least I have a full record count on my AOL website but that was unknown to me and I half to go the AOL site now to get at the emails that are lost
I will keep track of all of my new email and see if I get new email that just shows up in AOL and not PopPeeper a that would be a problem i will need
help on
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

It sounds like your database files are probably corrupt, so I would recommend deleting your current POP Peeper database files and allow POP Peeper to resync with your account.

1) From POP Peeper's main menu, select Tools / Options
2) Select the "Storage" page
3) Double-click on the text "data path:" -- this will open File Explorer to that expected folder
4) Click cancel and then EXIT POP Peeper
5) In File Explorer, you'll see a subfolder for each of your accounts; each of these subfolders has a file named:
data.db
-> Delete this file for each account
6) Restart POP Peeper

At this point, you'll have no messages, so you can either wait for POP Peeper to check mail or press the "Check Mail" button.
techmanc

Post by techmanc »

Ok I t deleted the database and when I got the new database it marked some mail as new but it still wont see any missing messages that are I can se in my aol acct.

I sending messages to silicon dust right now for a support questions and I know those messages are not showing up in pop peeper;

That was 1st time I noticed that AOL and Pop Peeper are not getting same messages.

This all confusing to me so I not sure if I am wording this the problem correctly so let me post this for help
mjs

Post by mjs »

Now that you have done what Jeff posted above, have you tried once again the suggested steps HERE in this topic to see if doing this helps now?
techmanc

Post by techmanc »

lakrsrool wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 3:01 am You haven't followed up - are still not seeing all the messages you think you should?

If you're problem remains you could try looking for hidden messages by temporarily displaying any possible hidden messages. To do this temporarily (from the main PP menu) go to "Messages" > then uncheck "Enable display filters". Then check to see if the missing messages are listed in your PP In-box (be sure to check this option again when done checking to enable the "Enable display filters..." option again).

If this doesn't help - you might try checking to see if you may have restricted the number of messages that can be displayed in your PP In-box. To do this go to "Tools" > "Options" > "Message Retrieval" to see if you have something other than "0" in the "Max number of messages to retrieve" ("0" represents no limit). This same setting can also be account specific that can be checked by editing your PP account(s) to check for this in the "Advanced" page at the bottom. Note: if the "Advanced" page is not listed when you edit the PP account then you will first need to enable "Advanced options" under "Tools" > "Options" > "General" from the Main PP window to gain access to the "Advanced" option when editing accounts.
Once I set the message retrieval to 0 I got at present 630 messages added as opposed to 52 I had before :D