Unable to select Imap/Oauth2

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Naxoyo

Unable to select Imap/Oauth2

Post by Naxoyo »

Hi,

I'm using Pop peeper since a few years without problem, but according to the Yahoo connection security change this week, I cannot connect Pop Peeper with my email address yahoo.fr
After looking for informations in forum and others internet sites, I understood I'd have to modify my account in order to accept connection with Oauth2, the button of which it seems is only available with Imap protocol.
I tried to modify like this but I don't have possibility to choose Imap in Server type menu. I've yet downloaded the last version V5.0.3 and all plugins but I cannot access at Imap and Oauth2 choice in my account?

Does anyone know why?

Thank in advance for informations in this case

Naxoyo
mjs

Re: Unable to select Imap/Oauth2

Post by mjs »

Welcome to the forum Naxoyo,

Please tell us what happens when you select the IMAP protocol option when editing your POP Peeper Yahoo account(s)?

Screen-shot example - IMAP protocol is selected from list of optional Server type options (when editing your Yahoo POP Peeper account):
Example of selected IMAP protocol highlighted in blue color
Example of selected IMAP protocol highlighted in blue color
To clarify what you have said.
You have posted that you quote: "don't have possibility to choose Imap in Server type menu".
Are you saying that "IMAP" is not listed in the "Server type:" drop-down list of options when you click on the down arrow to get the "Server type:" drop-down menu :?:

You should be able to select the "IMAP" option - then click the "Update" button. After doing this you can then click on the Oauth2 button that you will then see and follow the steps to authorize Yahoo to use POP Peeper. If you have any problems doing any of this, please let us know.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Naxoyo

Post by Naxoyo »

Thank you for your quick answer,

Yes, exactly, the "Imap" option is not listed in the "Server type" scrollmenu of my account. I only have these possibilities:
- POP3
- Hotmail/Outlook
- Yahoo
- Mail.com
- Excite
- RediffMail
- Gmail
- Juno/NetZero

and that's all! :-(

What Can I do?
mjs

Post by mjs »

You have initially posted quote: "I've yet downloaded the last version V5.0.3 and all plugins" - does this mean you have updated to v5.0.3 (with all plugins for that update)?

Please do this to double check: From the main menu go to "Help" > "About POP Peeper..." and let us know if you see what I've pointed out in this screen-shot (below):
Question re-version and IMAP.png
You should see the version you see in the screen-shot and the "IMAP" module listed as well (which would mean you have that specific plugin installed).

You can post a screen-shot of this window (I've posted above) if you like (refer to the "side note" comment below on how to do this if your not familiar with posting screen-shots).

On a side note - the Esumsoft team members recommend that all new forum members review the "Information for new users & forum members" page that provides a variety of resources including various steps to take when POP Peeper issues occur. In regards to posting screen-shot as mentioned above, I would direct you to take a look at point "D" in the linked topic that provides a specific link on how to do this.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Naxoyo

Post by Naxoyo »

Thank you for your good explainations :-)
PopPeeper_1.png
PopPeeper_2.png

As you can see, effectively, I don't have this Imap module.
I don't know why... #-o So how can I do to add it?
When I try to download with the button in helpmenu, the software tell me "There is no updates available"

Thank you for infomations to solve this problem :?: .
Naxoyo

Post by Naxoyo »

PopPeeper_1.png
PopPeeper_2.png
Ouppsss, with this format, it's better!! :lol:
mjs

Post by mjs »

It appears you will need to reinstall the current POP Peeper version over again by going to the POP Peeper Downloads page for this (do not uninstall - just install over the current POP Peeper at the same location as before).

But before you do that - make sure you do not have any software that might interfere (block) elements of the POP Peeper install (i.e. a Firewall or other security software) - which may have been the cause of your problem the first time (considering that actually not all plugins were installed the first time since the IMAP plugin was not installed when you did the update). Also do not uncheck any POP Peeper install options when installing.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

To add to lakrsrool's suggestion of re-installing POP Peeper -- make sure that you do use the CUSTOM installation (not express) and on the page that allows you to "Choose components", make sure that IMAP is selected.
Naxoyo

Post by Naxoyo »

So, I've downloaded Pop Peeper in the download section, and I've re-installed it over the old installation with Custom possibility.
And in fact, the boxes "Imap" and "Send mail" was unchecked.

So, after re-installation and correct configuration of my account, bingo, Pop Peeper is working as before!!! :D
I don't know why this options was unchecked, but the main thing is that it works now!!

Specials thanks to Laksrool and Jeff for your advice and your quick answers =D>
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Glad to hear it :mrgreen: