why do I have to still verift legit if it's on the whitelist

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
orracle51

why do I have to still verift legit if it's on the whitelist

Post by orracle51 »

I get several emails every day from friends and other source, and they are on the whitelist but I still have to verify they are legit to read them fully.

Is there a setting so I can view as HTML without clicking on the yellow bar or verifying legit?
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: why do I have to still verift legit if it's on the whitelist

Post by Jeff »

Smart HTML takes into consideration 2 factors to display HTML:
- whitelisted
- evaluated as legit

So if the person is on your whitelist and it's still not being shown in HTML, the message is probably not being evaluated as legit, ie. there are other filters that think the message is not legitimate.

There are a couple of ways to do this:
1) Keep marking messages as Junk/Legit and eventually POP Peeper will learn. This usually doesn't take very messages.
- If there are other filters besides Bayesian (learning) that is affecting the final score, it might be worthwhile to change/disable those filters.
2) You can increase the weight of the white list so that it counteracts any of the other filters which may be counterbalancing the final score.

Assuming you might be interested in that last one:
a) From POP Peeper's main menu, select Tools / AntiJunk -> Settings
b) On the "General" page, enable "Advanced settings"
c) Set the "default weight" for the white list to a higher value. The default is -1.5 (negative values mean legitimate), so -2.5 is probably sufficient, or -3.0