WHEN I log in from a different application or an different other mailbox gives an password error??

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Lara

WHEN I log in from a different application or an different other mailbox gives an password error??

Post by Lara »

Hi, Jeff
I have a very different and big problem and PLEASE READ ME CAREFULLY OK?
There is no error in my password I can login and I can send and receive mail BUT WHEN I log in from a different application or an different other mailbox gives an password error (AUTHENTICATIONFAILED-LOGIN Invalid credentials).
I changed my password and tried again but gives the same error again, so I changed the password for nothing.
I have 2 different e-mail addresses but in these e-mail addresses don't make any mistakes.
The error only arrives at just one mail address, WHY?
So what should I do now, please find me a solution OK? I will wait for your reply immediately. Thank you.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: WHEN I log in from a different application or an different other mailbox gives an password error??

Post by Jeff »

Are you saying that PP reports a login error when you're logged in with another app, or are you saying that the other app reports a login error? I'm not sure that I understand the scenario that you've provided.

However, a couple of things that may be relevant:
1) Make sure you use IMAP instead of POP3. Some POP3 implementations only allow one login at a time.

2) If you're using IMAP and you're using Gmail or Yahoo, make sure you're using Oauth2. If Oauth2 is required by your account and you try to login with your regular password, you'll get a login error (if it's not gmail/yahoo, let us know what type of account it is).

edit:
3) According to your email, you're using Yahoo with Oauth2. Have you tried setting Oauth2 as per the error's suggestion?
Lara

Re: WHEN I log in from a different application or an different other mailbox gives an password error??

Post by Lara »

I'm saying about PP and when I log in from a different application or an different other mailbox gives an password error (AUTHENTICATIONFAILED-LOGIN Invalid credentials).
AND I have this problem for 4 days
1) I'm sure I'm using IMAP and I tried pop3 to but gives error
2) Gives this error with yahoo e-mail
3) I don't using Oauth2
4) I have 2 different e-mail addresses Yahoo but both are working, just one my Yahoo mail address not working.

--- Error ---
redacted@yahoo [1000: IMAP] ['imap.mail.yahoo.com' (993) SSL: 1] [Smtp: 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com' (465) SSL: 1] [oauth: 0] [consec: 1]
- Giriş Hatası ([AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] LOGIN Invalid credentials) -- Edit account: pp://EditAccount?redacted Tip: Edit the account and enable OAuth2, or use the following link: Set Oauth2: pp://OAuth2?redacted
Last edited by Jeff on Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: removed email address
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Yahoo requires Oauth2. You need to use Oauth2.
Lara

Post by Lara »

I'm using IMAP and gives error.. If I use POP3 what should I write to the servers? Can you write to me, for POP3 server?
Lara

Post by Lara »

I said it, I have 2 other yahoo accounts working on them and I dont use Oauth2.
Just one mail doesn't work, WHY?
Lara

Post by Lara »

Please answer?
mjs

Post by mjs »

Regarding the one Yahoo Account that has the error; Please edit that account and make sure you are using IMAP (that is the "Server type:" should be set to "IMAP") - then while editing that same account press on the "OAuth2" button in the right-side of the window across from you "Login name" setting. Follow each of the steps that you get after clicking the the OAuth2 button. When you have completed the steps you get you should get a dialog window that says "Authentication Successful". When you get this message this should solve your error problem for that account.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

You may have disabled the need to require OAuth2 on your other accounts, but that option is no longer available because Yahoo is now requiring more secure methods of authentication. Or you may be using an app-password. But those are your 2 options -- an app-password or Oauth2. The documentation for enabling app-passwords can be found on Yahoo's website:
https://login.yahoo.com/account/security

Oauth2 is Yahoo's recommendation.
Lara

Post by Lara »

I did Oauth2 and now is working, Thanks for answers:)
Lara

Post by Lara »

But did not ask from other Yahoo accounts only wanted from one Yahoo account..
Lara

Post by Lara »

lakrsrool wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:27 pm Regarding the one Yahoo Account that has the error; Please edit that account and make sure you are using IMAP (that is the "Server type:" should be set to "IMAP") - then while editing that same account press on the "OAuth2" button in the right-side of the window across from you "Login name" setting. Follow each of the steps that you get after clicking the the OAuth2 button. When you have completed the steps you get you should get a dialog window that says "Authentication Successful". When you get this message this should solve your error problem for that account.
mjs

Post by mjs »

Good to hear your problem is solved. =D>
Lara wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:43 pm But did not ask from other Yahoo accounts only wanted from one Yahoo account..
Most likely at some point you will get similar errors for these Yahoo accounts as well (if you're using IMAP, which is the preferred protocol to use by the way). I have several Yahoo accounts myself and over time Yahoo may require the same steps to be repeated which in that case you may get this same type error (this can occur if you use a different device to access the email account or Yahoo simply requires the OAuth2 to be done again at some point). Notice that the POP Peeper error to re-authorize an account does provide an embedded link to facilitate this procedure. :wink:
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Lara

Post by Lara »

Thank u very much for your explanation:) I will consider.