pop peeper 5 email viewing

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
silky

pop peeper 5 email viewing

Post by silky »

how do i get rid of having to double click box to view images on incoming emails.i just want to open email and see all images not have to double click to see html images
mjs

Re: pop peeper 5 email viewing

Post by mjs »

For senders that you trust just click on the "Legit" toolbar button
the 'Legit' button.png
the 'Legit' button.png (1.49 KiB) Viewed 2651 times
for the message (that adds sender to "whitelist") and/or click on the "Confirm Legit" option in the upper-right area just above the banner ("double click box") warning
Click on the 'Confirm Legit'.png
Click on the 'Confirm Legit'.png (1.43 KiB) Viewed 2656 times
to avoid the banner warning (that you don't want) from appearing in the future for that specific sender.

Other members of the Esumsoft Team may have additional comments or provide more details as well.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
silky

Post by silky »

i found that turning off smart html fixed my problem no more clicking boxes to see all images in email.using legit button worked but still have click buttons not much better
mjs

Post by mjs »

I purposely didn't mention disabling "Smart HTML Viewing" - because by doing so, you leave yourself vulnerable to malicious messages. The "Smart HTML Viewing" option (which I decidedly use myself) provides a way to protect against malicious mail by only allowing HTML for senders that you can trust. But you have the choice to decide not to use this safety measure if you prefer and hope for the best. [-o<

As of when a sender gets "Whitelisted" as a result of doing what I previously described then the warning banner will not display and therefore you should not need to click anything to allow HTML viewing at that point (for that specific sender).
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

silky wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:20 pm using legit button worked but still have click buttons not much better
Once POP Peeper has learned that the sender and message is legitimate (ie. generally the next email you open from that sender after marking it legit), it will show the message in full HTML.

edit: Oops, Lakrsrool must have edited his message because I didn't see that he already replied with the same info :)
silky

Post by silky »

i understand the risks and have robust antivirus that scans for multiple types of threats but bad people will get to your computer if they really want to.but with so many emails coming during holidays by the time i build a whitelist of trusted emails that will take long time nevermind new emails i will have to make legit or not just to see images i can make better use of my time.thank you for all your help