Pop Peeper and Oauth

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
MrPopup

Pop Peeper and Oauth

Post by MrPopup »

I have an old Bellsouth mail via att via yahoo. Every so often the thing dies. This time around I finally got my Thunderbird back up and running using Oauth. But PopPeeper is still pooped. Stopped working for Yahoo a week or so ago.

I have attempted to follow directions before but call me dumb... WHERE IS OAUTH on PopPeeper? I have yet to see that option. Can't find it. How do I get that to come up? And yep, I tried the IMAP option. I'm using V 5.03. It's making me daffy. Ha. I know...I'm losing it. I can't find Oauth.
spc3rd

Re: Pop Peeper and Oauth

Post by spc3rd »

Hi MrPopup and welcome to the Esumsoft Forums,

The [Oauth2] button can be seen under the [GENERAL] tab when you edit an IMAP account in POP Peeper. It should appear on the right side of the window beside the line which says, "Login Name".

* Right-click on the account in question in the Account List, select Edit account, The [GENERAL] tab/window will then be displayed.

Since you are not seeing the Oauth2 button, please provide a screenshot of the GENERAL window in your next reply - being sure to first obscure any personally-identifiable information, before including the image in your post.
Instructions for how to do this can be found at the link below:

How to take a screenshot and attach/insert it into your post

Also, as our newest member, The Esumsoft Team requests that you please review the following Sticky topic:

Information for new users and forum members

The article contains important, helpful information which all members should be aware of. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to let us know.

Other members of The Esumsoft Team will be reviewing the issue you are having and provide additional feedback.

Thank you and welcome aboard! :)
Global Moderator
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Make sure that your incoming server is imap.mail.yahoo.com -- this is required for Oauth2 (Yahoo), and I believe that this server will work for at&t mail. Then change the server type to IMAP (even if it's already set to IMAP, it's important to update the server type after changing the incoming server) and you'll see the Oauth2 button next to your login name.

Be sure to update your SMTP address, too (smtp.mail.yahoo.com)
MrPopup

Post by MrPopup »

Hiya Jeff!

Hey, your solve worked PERFECTLY! Wow! How did you know to do that? Regardless, thanks 50 times. I have been pecking at this off and on for months with another account. When my main one went belly up and no solution, I came here. You did GOOD!
Your fan,
Norm

Jeff wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:29 pm Make sure that your incoming server is imap.mail.yahoo.com -- this is required for Oauth2 (Yahoo), and I believe that this server will work for at&t mail. Then change the server type to IMAP (even if it's already set to IMAP, it's important to update the server type after changing the incoming server) and you'll see the Oauth2 button next to your login name.

Be sure to update your SMTP address, too (smtp.mail.yahoo.com)
MrPopup

Post by MrPopup »

Jeff... Just fixed the other account. Man, you are GREAT!
Norm
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Happy to help :mrgreen: