Notification Audio

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Atila

Notification Audio

Post by Atila »

Hi there
Suddenly notification audio new email stopped working.
Sound file is there, I tried different files, etc but nothing.
Please help.
Thanks in advance!
mjs

Re: Notification Audio

Post by mjs »

Welcome to the forum Atila,

Presumably you have tested "different [sound] files" for POP Peeper by going to "Tools">"Options">"Notifications" and clicking on the green run arrow button for "New mail" audio -- and the files fail to play when doing this test?

Have you checked (tried performing something else that will play sound, i.e. run a sound file via a music player app) to make sure your computer sound is on (not muted) and working? (i.e. check that your speakers are not disabled perhaps, which you can check in part by way of the computers "Speakers" tray icon on the Task Bar).
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Atila

Post by Atila »

Hi lakrsrool, thanks :)
1 - Yes
2 - Yes, other notifications from other apps works as usual, sound enabled and working.
Thanks for your help!
mjs

Post by mjs »

Is your "Sounds Notification" plugin installed and enabled (checked):
is your 'notification voice' plugin installed and enabled 'checked'.png
If this all looks good - have you tried exiting/restarting POP Peeper? (i.e. do a "File">"Exit" or right-click on PP tray icon and select "Exit" and then restart POP Peeper again to see if this helps).
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Atila

Post by Atila »

My Pop Peeper is not Pro so I haven't Notification Voice.
Yes, I restarted multiple times.
This happens after last update.
Many thanks.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Are the messages being evaluated as Junk? These would appear with a red background. I know you said you don't have Pro, but depending on when you upgraded to v5, you may have the 30-day trial.

If so, you should train any messages that are evaluated as Junk by marking them as Legit and this way PP will learn to evaluate similar messages as Legit (you should also mark Junk messages as Junk).
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Also: are the messages appearing as unread in POP Peeper? Specifically, they should be bold (unread) and they should also have a blue-envelope in the 'Read status' column, ala:
PP_Status_New.png
PP_Status_New.png (2.03 KiB) Viewed 4732 times
Atila

Post by Atila »

I think I haven't 30-day trial available now.
Yes, messages are makred as unread, no junk and visual notification works perfectly.
Maybe I need to upgrade to Pro.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Atila wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:35 pm visual notification works perfectly.
Ah, that would have been a good question to ask :) So that narrows things down better.

What sound file are you using? ie. are you using the default (blank), or if you've specified your own, is it a .wav file or something else?

Try using a different sound -- if you're using a custom sound, try leaving it blank and if it's blank, then try specifying one (you can find plenty of wav files under C:\Windows\Media\).

And here's a tip so that you can test changes on-demand:
1) Enable Advanced Options under main menu: Tools / Options / General
2) Right-click on an unread message (if it's read, be sure to mark it as unread first) and select "remove from list"
3) Right-click on the account you removed the message and select "check mail"
- the message you removed will re-appear and it should be treated as a "new" message (make sure you get the visual notifications)

Atila wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:35 pm Maybe I need to upgrade to Pro.
Upgrade to Pro if you're happy with POP Peeper and want to support it; but don't upgrade just because of this issue.
Atila

Post by Atila »

Hi Jeff
I tried all and nothing.
I bought Plus Pack to see if I could solve the problem but nope.
Even voice notification is not working.
Any idea?
Many thanks.
-----------------Editing------------
Now it works :D
I'm not sure which was the solution but after to install Plus Pack it is working.
Thanks again and sorry for disturbing.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Ok, well, that's good news :) The Plus Pack would not have an effect on that as they are completely separate; but if it happens again, contact support via email so that we can figure out what's going on.