5.1.1 icons being cut off

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
ata

5.1.1 icons being cut off

Post by ata »

I just upgraded to 5.1.1 this morning and now the Icons below the Accounts box is being cut in half. It doesn't matter the size of pop peeper as long it is not full screen.
ata

Re: 5.1.1 icons being cut off

Post by ata »

Additional info,

If I hover over the icons, they are then full size but then cover up the status bar.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Can you double-check under Help / About that you're actually using v5.1.1 and not v5.1? This is something that v5.1.1 specifically addressed, although it's possible that there are still problems.

Also:
1) What Windows OS are you using?
2) Assuming you have Win10 (previous versions may or may not have this in the same location, but I still need to know your settings):
- open the start menu and type and open "make everything bigger"
- there are 2 relevant settings here:
-- "Make text bigger" (you need to hold down your mouse button on the slider button to see what your current value is)
-- "Make everything bigger" (aka DPI)
3) Can you think of any 3rd party settings (including registry hacks) you may be using that may do similar things to Windows sizes
4) Please include a screenshot of the bottom-left corner? You don't need to include the full window screenshot, but please include enough context of the area so that I can see the status bar and the accounts list, and a little bit of the message list would be helpful, too. You can obscure any other information in the screenshot that may be sensitive.
ata

Post by ata »

1. Windows 10 pro version 20H2
2a. 100%
2b. 100%
3. No hacks or other 3rd party products to do the same

Two attachments - Main is when PP starts and hover is after mouse is hovered over the buttons.

I didn't have this problem with 5.1.0

Current versions are as follows:
Pop Peeper 5.1.1.0
SSL 1.1.1.7
IMAP 5.1.1.0
SendMail 5.1.1.0
Updater 1.0.0.0
PPtweaker 5.1.1.0
Attachments
Afterhover.png
Main.png
mjs

Post by mjs »

To clarify, based on this:
ata wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:45 am ... If I hover over the icons, they are then full size but then cover up the status bar.
The top (first) screen-shot is the "hover" result (buttons partially obscured by status bar prior to "hover" is 2nd screen-shot).
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

argh! I see and can duplicate the problem -- it occurs if the menu takes up 2 lines. Glad you didn't take my suggestion of just showing the bottom-left; otherwise, I wouldn't have seen that.

You should be able to widen the window, or just live with this, until it can be fixed.
ata

Post by ata »

Thank you version 5.1.2 released 4/20/21 fixed it.