Pop Peeper won't install

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Mr B.

Pop Peeper won't install

Post by Mr B. »

Trying to install Pop Peeper 5.1.2 on fully updated Windows 10 . Run the exe, it expands to about 55% then disappears and nothing further happens. I checked in task manager and there is no poppeeper process running. I tried turning off my av software with no change. Any suggestions?

Thank you
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Pop Peeper won't install

Post by Jeff »

It could potentially be a corrupt download. I'd suggest re-downloading and make sure your webbrowser doesn't use a cached copy.

You can also try the "zip" download instead of the exe, on the downloads page.
Mr B.

Post by Mr B. »

Installing it manually via the zip file did the trick. I'd still like to know why it won't unpack correctly but oh well...

Problem solved.

Thank you!
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Well, around 50% is where the SSL files get installed -- which are downloaded from the website -- so maybe you have something installed that interferes with that? I can tell you that nothing in the installer changed in v5.1.2 (from v5.1.1); v5.1 had a minor change to replace the "Trusted Sites" plugin. I'd bet it's the SSL plugin, though; so if you're curious, you might try running the installer, go through the custom install and untick "SSL" on the install components page and see if that works -- at least then you'll know and you might have something to work with. Let me know if you find something.

note: the installer remembers which components you don't install for next time, but I believe SSL is special and it always installs it by default.