Outlook IMAP having problem

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
Anthonytonyboy

Outlook IMAP having problem

Post by Anthonytonyboy »

imap-mail.outlook.com
outlook.office365.com

I can't put my outlook account with IMAP, it keep saying error:

Code: Select all

Hotmail
(User is authenticated but not connected.) -- OAuth2: Você poderá precisar reautorizar o acesso ao POP Peeper. Edite a conta e pressione o botão 'OAuth2' para reautorizar.

Reset Oauth2: pp://OAuth2?SG90bWFpbA==
I keep trying to solve, but never success, keep error even I put success passwords etc
So it forced me using POP3, but during I playing the game, POP3 loads so heavy
that makes my game laggy, I don't like POP3, is very laggy and slow to obtain new mails
But weird other thing, my 2nd Outlook account success of obtain the new mails from IMAP
Why my 1st Outlook account can't use IMAP? Keep error all time, already passed long months, probably 5 months, i already tired it, so I ask here to help
mjs

Re: Outlook IMAP having problem

Post by mjs »

If you are getting errors in a PP account and the errors are because you need to setup "OAuth2" for that account (like in this case) then the PP error message will include a link that you can click on that will start the "OAuth2" process for you. In any event, if an account is producing errors - you can always simply edit the account and press the "OAuth2" (across from the "Login name" in the edit account window) to start the process to complete the "OAuth2" for the respective account. The specific message you are getting is requesting you to do an "OAuth2" process for this account (the link to do this in the error message begins where you see the word "Reset OAUTH2:...." -- see error below).
your error wrote:Hotmail (User is Authenticated But Not Connected.) - OAUTH2: You may need to retract access to Pop Peeper. Edit the account and press the 'OAUTH2' button for reauthorize.Reset OAUTH2: PP: // OAUTH2? SG90BWFPBA ==
If you follow through with each step to setup "OAuth2" for this account the last dialog should look like this:
authentication successful notice.png
authentication successful notice.png (1.65 KiB) Viewed 4127 times
If you do not get this last message then something went wrong.

Also - whenever you might be getting errors we recommend that you provide the error details in your reply in this forum (this will help us know more about what the problems may be for any accounts that have errors). If you are not familiar with how to post the error overview information then please refer to this topic: PP error messages: How to view them & copy/paste into your post. Posting this error information will give us additional information (i.e. the version of POP Peeper you are using for example) - so please if, you are getting errors in PP it would be very helpful to us for you to post this error overview information.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Anthonytonyboy

Post by Anthonytonyboy »

--- Version ---
POP Peeper: 5.1.2.0
Webmail: 5.1.0.0
SSL: 1.1.1.7
IMAP: 5.1.2.0
SendMail: 5.1.2.0
Profile Picture: 5.0.0.0 (disabled)
AntiJunk: 5.0.0.0 (disabled)
Spell Checker: 5.0.0.0 (disabled)
Web of Trust: 5.0.0.0 (disabled)
PPTweaker: 5.1.2.0
Updater: 1.0.0.0

Program folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\POP Peeper\
Data folder: C:\Users\Tony\AppData\Roaming\POP Peeper\

--- Error ---
Hotmail [1000: IMAP] ['imap-mail.outlook.com' (993) SSL: 1] [Smtp: 'smtp-mail.outlook.com' (587) SSL: 2] [oauth: 1] [consec: 1]
- (User is authenticated but not connected.) -- OAuth2: Você poderá precisar reautorizar o acesso ao POP Peeper. Edite a conta e pressione o botão 'OAuth2' para reautorizar. Reset Oauth2: pp://OAuth2?SG90bWFpbA==
Screenshot_1.png
mjs

Post by mjs »

Are you still getting these same errors after you got the "Authentication successful" message for this specific account?
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Anthonytonyboy

Post by Anthonytonyboy »

Yes
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Outlook doesn't require you to use Oauth2, so if POP3 with password works, then Imap with password might, too -- press the Oauth2 button and when it asks if you want to clear it, say "yes", but then do NOT continue; just cancel the Oauth2 process.

Then, enter/update your password on the "general" page of the edit account in POP Peeper and see if that works.
Anthonytonyboy

Post by Anthonytonyboy »

Code: Select all

--- Version ---
POP Peeper: 5.1.2.0
Webmail: 5.1.0.0
SSL: 1.1.1.7
IMAP: 5.1.2.0
SendMail: 5.1.2.0
Profile Picture: 5.0.0.0 (disabled)
AntiJunk: 5.0.0.0 (disabled)
Spell Checker: 5.0.0.0 (disabled)
Web of Trust: 5.0.0.0 (disabled)
PPTweaker: 5.1.2.0
Updater: 1.0.0.0

Program folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\POP Peeper\
Data folder: C:\Users\Tony\AppData\Roaming\POP Peeper\

--- Error ---
Hotmail [1000: IMAP] ['outlook.office365.com' (993) SSL: 1] [Smtp: 'smtp-mail.outlook.com' (587) SSL: 2] [oauth: 1] [consec: 3]
- (User is authenticated but not connected.) -- OAuth2: Você poderá precisar reautorizar o acesso ao POP Peeper. Edite a conta e pressione o botão 'OAuth2' para reautorizar.  Reset Oauth2: pp://OAuth2?SG90bWFpbA==
I tried uninstall/install the POP Peeper, still same
Tried to add only one email in program, still same
Tried used other imap-mail.outlook.com or outlook.office365.com, still same
Tried to check inside Outlook.com options, I don't see any solution cuz I don't have a idea how
Tried update everytime POP Peeper added new version each, already like many different versions, from 4.x.x.x and 5.x.x.x, still same
Tried to do "OAuth2" with 3 different versions this pic: Still same error, I don't know what is caused
4e5ju4e5ju.png
After Jeff explains about remove OAuth2, POP Peeper become bugged somehow, trying to solve it reload/restart program,
sometime frozen and some 2min waiting then somehow it backs normal, seems is working 15min so far now, wow finally,
just remove OAuth2, it solves everything? weird lol THANK YOU! =D> Probably is already solved, if it appears a problem again, I will say here 8)
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Glad you got it working. If you want to try to get Oauth2 working, I have a couple ideas.

I've wondered if Outlook is holding back on requiring Oauth2 for email for these types of occurrences. I've seen too many of these with Outlook where it just seems like something is bugged in the account. The error that you mention is not uncommon with Outlook (with any email client, not just PP),
e.g. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/out ... 2e6dad34fc

Most of the time it goes away on its own, but one post in there suggests:
Another poster suggested to login to https://account.live.com ,
Under Security check your Recent sign in activity.
If you have a login attempt from Thunderbird (POP Peeper), approve the login activity.

Something else worth trying would be to delete POP Peeper from the list of programs you've given consent to and then try again:
https://account.live.com/consent/Manage
Anthonytonyboy

Post by Anthonytonyboy »

https://account.live.com/consent/Manage
Ty for that useful info, I didn't know :D it said that already allow, so is all fine, in case future problems, I will check this link :wink: