My Webmail is out of date, or seems to be

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
pop_pepper

My Webmail is out of date, or seems to be

Post by pop_pepper »

hi can anyone help, my webmail.dll seems to be out of date, see image, can i download just that from somewhere?? thank youImage
spc3rd

Re: My Webmail is out of date, or seems to be

Post by spc3rd »

Hello pop_pepper,

Do you have an active subscription to Webmail with Jeff? Webmail support now requires a separate subscription from POP Peeper.

If not, or you need more info, please contact him using the:

Esumsoft Support Contact Form

** On the form, please remember to use the same email address you used to purchase the subscription.

Also, Webmail subscription Terms Of Service may be viewed at the following link:

https://www.esumsoft.com/index.php/sear ... mit=Search

One last observation...you might want to consider check-marking the box to "Automatically check for updates" which I note is not marked in your screenshot above.

Thank you & Cheers! :D
Global Moderator
mjs

Post by mjs »

One other point of observation regarding the posted "About" screen-shot above is that just below the unchecked "Automatically check for updates" checkbox option (that Pete referenced) - the unchecked "Auto-Update Webmail plugin" check-box (that is mostly cutoff in the screen-shot) appears disabled (greyed-out) as well as the bracket notation for the "current" Webmail version suggests to me that perhaps you have not purchased the subscription discussed here. Note: if you have, you would observe under "Tools">"Activation..." an option to "Activate" the "Webmail Subscription" (see partial screen-shot example of the "POP Peeper activation" Interface below):
WebMail Subscription 'activation' option.png
WebMail Subscription 'activation' option.png (4.13 KiB) Viewed 2362 times
pop_pepper, if you are interested, here is the webpage to order: WebMail Subscription (Note: if you are able to use IMAP [or POP3] - then you do not necessarily need to use "Webmail", which is all discussed in detail in this subscription link)
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Also, your version listing is actually saying that you have a later version than what's available, not an older version -- this has been corrected *. v5.0.2 is the same as v5.1.0 and I don't typically update the WebMail version just because of a new POP Peeper version, but it looks like I did this time inadvertently and that's why the listing didn't get updated.

* - "latest" version will be reported as v5.1.0.0, but don't be surprised if this takes a while to propagate. Unless I flip another switch (which isn't warranted in this case), POP Peeper will continue to use a cached copy of the version info, so yours will likely continue to report "5.0.2" as the "latest" version.
pop_pepper

Post by pop_pepper »

hi, thanks for all this. so basically i will need to subscibe for webmail in future or the program will not work?

EDIT**** ok i saw on your webpage that i won't need to in most cases

"Do I need the WebMail subscription for POP Peeper?

In most cases, no, you do not need the WebMail subscription."

best wishes
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

If you had any accounts still using WebMail, you'd get an error in POP Peeper and the error would provide a link with more information. So as long as you don't see that, you should be good.