Disable and re-enable all sounds quickly?

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
ant

Disable and re-enable all sounds quickly?

Post by ant »

Is there a way to do that like in PopTray(U) without going to each account to disable and re-enable later on?

Thank you for reading and hopefully answering soon. :)
mjs

Re: Disable and re-enable all sounds quickly?

Post by mjs »

Welcome to the forum ant,

There are many various quick way to stop various Email message sound alerts (notifications).

First - it depends upon which sound alert you are asking about. To keep things simple I'll touch upon the two examples below.

1) If you are talking about the standard "New Mail" notification - one way would be to use the main POP Peeper menu to go to "Tools" > "Options" and select the "Notification" window where you can uncheck the "New Mail" option in the top "Audio" section of that Interface to disable this specific Mail Alert notification that would apply to all incoming messages.
2) Or if you are talking about the "Voice Notifier" (available via either PRO or Plus Pack) you can disable this feature by using the main menu to go to "Tools" > "Voice Notifier" and uncheck the "Voice notifier enabled" option. Notice there is also an alternate option to "Stop current voice" within the "Voice Notifier" options as well which would abort the current voice notification during the notification process (which is convenient in situations when you would want the voice for incoming messages to immediately stop).

You can also navigate to desired functions using keyboard short-cut keys as well. Keyboard short-cut keys are viewed and handled through PPtweaker ("Tools > " PPtweaker...") then selecting the "Shortcuts" window and then selecting the applicable "Window" from the "Window" drop-down list ( i.e. there is the "Message" window of which you can scroll down to the "Speech" Commands area (i.e. "Speech: Stop Reading" = Shift+Alt+S - will stop the "Voice Notifier"). You can change existing short-cut keys combinations as you prefer or create your own new additional personal short-cut keys.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
ant

Re: Disable and re-enable all sounds quickly?

Post by ant »

mjs wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:37 am Welcome to the forum ant,

There are many various quick way to stop various Email message sound alerts (notifications).

First - it depends upon which sound alert you are asking about. To keep things simple I'll touch upon the two examples below.

1) If you are talking about the standard "New Mail" notification - one way would be to use the main POP Peeper menu to go to "Tools" > "Options" and select the "Notification" window where you can uncheck the "New Mail" option in the top "Audio" section of that Interface to disable this specific Mail Alert notification that would apply to all incoming messages.
Thanks. #1 is the one, but that's a lot of navigations and steps. In PopTrayU, I just right click on its system tray icon and mute/unmute its new mail sound. I'd like to see this in POP Peeper (not Pro). :)