HTML message does not render properly within PP

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
rgordon

HTML message does not render properly within PP

Post by rgordon »

I receive an e-mail from CVS (drugstore chain) after every shopping trip with a "how did we do" survey. These e-mail messages no longer render properly in PP; all I see are scroll bars and a red stripe. If I view the E-mail message through my ISP's e-mail web client or through Thunderbird it looks fine. Any suggestions? Since it's a throwaway message, I'd rather just work with it in PP and then delete it.

Rob (PP 5.1.2)
mjs

Re: HTML message does not render properly within PP

Post by mjs »

What are your options set at in PP's "View Messages" window (main menu "Tools">"Options" - select "View Messages"). A screen-shot of the settings would probably be the easiest way to provide this information.

Help regarding the posting of screen-shots is provided in the following Sticky topic: How to take a screenshot and attach/insert it into your post.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
rgordon

Post by rgordon »

Tools -> Options -> View HTML attached.

Rob
Attachments
PPOPTIONS.png
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

If you see a yellow bar at the top with things like "show html" and/or "show images" then double-click that yellow banner until it goes away, so that everything can be seen in full HTML.

But assuming that's not the problem, can you send a sample message to me so I can investigate:
1) View the message in POP Peeper
2) From the menu, select File / Save message as
3) Save it to a file that you can easily access
4) Attach that file to an email and send it to (support at esumsoft dot com); please include a quick description of the problem and a link to this forum topic
rgordon

Post by rgordon »

I will do that the next time I'm sent a survey which should be in a day or so.

Rob
rgordon

Post by rgordon »

Jeff: I sent you a copy of the survey in .eml format. There were no yellow banners to click on in the message.

Thanks for your help.

Rob
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Ok, it looks like this message requires IE11 compatibility. POP Peeper uses IE10 by default because it was found to be more stable; this was a while ago, so it's possible that MS fixed some bugs in the meantime, but it's something to keep in mind if PP starts crashing when you try to view a message.

Here's how to override the IE compatibility:
1) In PP main menu:
Tools / PPtweaker
2) Select the 'Troubleshooting' page
3) Change the "IE emulation..." = 11
4) Press OK
5) Exit and restart PP

Then re-open a message that you know causes a problem and see if the problem is fixed.
rgordon

Post by rgordon »

Jeff: That solved the problem; I can view the message now. Thanks so much for your help!

Rob

=D>