Transferring to a new computer

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
rgordon

Transferring to a new computer

Post by rgordon »

Pardon me if this has been asked before but I can't find any references to it in the forum. I am receiving a new PC this weekend. What is the procedure for transferring my PP Pro & Plus Pack licenses to the new computer?

Thanks.

Rob
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Transferring to a new computer

Post by Jeff »

If all you're concerned about is the licenses -- don't worry about it now. I've looked your license up and there shouldn't be a problem when you activate on the new computer and if there is, just email (support at esumsoft dot com) and I'll take care of it.

Refer to these FAQs if you want to transfer your existing POP Peeper data to the new computer:
Backup: https://www.esumsoft.com/products/pop-p ... /?q=backup
Restore: https://www.esumsoft.com/products/pop-p ... op_restore
rgordon

Post by rgordon »

Thanks Jeff. Just out of curiosity, on how many computers can I run PP and stay within the terms of the license? I'm replacing one computer and there will be a second computer which is not running PP now (for another person) and would like to install it there too if I can legitimately do that.

Rob
mjs

Post by mjs »

To my knowledge the maximum number of licensed computers allowed continues to be a total of three computers (so you should have no problems with what you intend to do :wink:).

Here is a former post by Jeff with more details on how this works. (note: the post is somewhat dated - but I presume to still be valid regardless).
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

As mjs stated, you can install it on up to 3 computers; but it's a per-user license, so you cannot legitimately install it on your neighbor's or best friend's computer. If it's for an immediate family member within the same household, then that's generally acceptable.
rgordon

Post by rgordon »

Thanks Jeff; it will be used within the household.

Rob