OATH2 Failed to decode/encode refresh token

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
jybjr1

OATH2 Failed to decode/encode refresh token

Post by jybjr1 »

I've had this problem for several weeks. I tried resetting via the enclosed instructons without success. Any help that can be provided is greatly appreciated.
Attachments
outexp2.log
(3.84 KiB) Downloaded 181 times
jybjr1

Re: OATH2 Failed to decode/encode refresh token

Post by jybjr1 »

In the absence of a reply, I risked deleting my oath2 credentials. Fortunately it worked. Yahoo lead me through the steps to reauthorize OATH2. An easy fix. But I still don't know why authorization was originally removed.
mjs

Post by mjs »

Here is a specific link to a post by Jeff in a topic on the need to reauthorize email accounts that may be of some help (take note the topic is dated, over a year ago, so some of what is discussed in this topic may not be current): Why The Need To Keep Resetting OAuth Accounts?.

When errors occur in POP Peeper regarding Oauth2 all you should need to do is click on the link provided in the error to take you through the process of resetting POP Peeper authorization for the account(s) with this specific error (see screen-shot below - the rendering of the error may appear a little different than this example)
Click on the link to reset Oauth2 for the account with the error
Click on the link to reset Oauth2 for the account with the error
Reset Oauth2.png (7.67 KiB) Viewed 3731 times
You can always at any time manually reset authorization for any POP Peeper email account by editing the account and then click on the Oauth2 button to follow through with the steps to do so (see screen-shot below which is 1st step of procedure in the account edit window)
Click on the "OAuth2" button to re-authorize the account
Click on the "OAuth2" button to re-authorize the account
re-authorize PP.png (8.09 KiB) Viewed 3731 times
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

jybjr1 -- glad you got it resolved. The log file didn't seem to be related to anything, which is why you did not receive a reply sooner, as we were discussing whether this was a legitimate question or not (and not spam/malware).

Also, I have removed the @[redacted].com from your forum username as your email address would otherwise be harvested by spambots. This means you will need to change the "username" when you log into this forum (this change only affects how you log into this forum).