Requests

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
ppuser

Requests

Post by ppuser »

Hi.

I'd like to remind an older request of mine and add a new one.

1. When the mouse enters inside the notification window, the timer which closes it should be stopped (or perhaps paused until the mouse exits? - whichever is easier). The point is to give the user time to decide what he wants to do with the given mails (decide which of the buttons in the notification window to press).

2. It would be nice if there was a way to instruct PP NOT to notify the user in certain cases. For instance, i have an account which receives backup statuses. It would be nice if i could say somewhere that i do not wish to receive notifications from a certain account if the email header contains "success" in it. - Actually what i'm asking here is notification rules.

Thanks.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Requests

Post by Jeff »

ppuser wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:48 am 1. When the mouse enters inside the notification window,
This is specifically for the Skin Notifier, and it's done. If you move your mouse over the skin while it's fading/sliding out, then it will fade/slide back in. As long as you have your mouse over it, it won't fade/slide back out. Once you move your mouse back out, it will remain until the delay passes, then it will fade/slide back out as normal.

Here's the download:
PP_Notify_Skin-v52.zip
(361.11 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
I won't make it official until you give me a thumbs up -- so give it a test and let me know how it works for you.
ppuser wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:48 am 2. It would be nice if there was a way to instruct PP NOT to notify the user in certain cases.
This already exists, since PP v4.0 -- AntiJunk. You can create the exact type of rule you mentioned (specific account(s), contains a word in the subject) and then set the action to "ignore" and you won't receive a notification.
ppuser

Post by ppuser »

Hi there and thanks for answering both requests.

About (1), it seems to work correctly. I got confused at first because i had left both versions of the DLL in the folder, but once i understood what was happening, i configured it properly, tested it and it seems to work fine.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Glad to hear it!

Yeah, I usually recommend renaming old plugins to ".dxx", but I've been victim of my own making, too.