Pop peeper interference in Windows power plan

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
jj14

Pop peeper interference in Windows power plan

Post by jj14 »

Hello.
When an email arrives Pop Peeper shows an animation icon in the system tray. Then it prevents Windows from turning off the screen(Windows power plan).
Is there anything that can be done about it?

Windows 7. 32 bit.
mjs

Re: Pop peeper interference in Windows power plan

Post by mjs »

Hi jj14,

Is the "animation icon in your system tray" you mentioned this icon (below):
animation icon.png
animation icon.png (31.49 KiB) Viewed 2015 times
Would you please provide more specifics in regards to what "screen" you are prevented from "turning off" (does "turning off" mean "closing" a specific "screen"?) and how this behavior relates to the "Windows power plan"?

We need more details (at least I do) as to what it is you are describing (when new messages arrive in POP Peeper).
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

The tray icon does not affect windows power settings. You probably have the "flash LED" setting enabled under:
main menu: Tools / Options / Notification

The documentation has always stated that this setting affects power-saving settings; but since most people don't read that, in v5.0 (if not earlier), a popup appears when you select this option to warn you.
jj14

Post by jj14 »

mjs wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:05 pm Hi jj14,

Is the "animation icon in your system tray" you mentioned this icon (below):
animation icon.png
Yes.

Windows is configured to turn off the monitor after 2 minutes of inactivity, but when Pop Peeper displays the animation the monitor keeps turned on.
The Windows power plan works properly all the time, except in this case.
jj14

Post by jj14 »

Jeff wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:43 pm The tray icon does not affect windows power settings. You probably have the "flash LED" setting enabled under:
main menu: Tools / Options / Notification

The documentation has always stated that this setting affects power-saving settings; but since most people don't read that, in v5.0 (if not earlier), a popup appears when you select this option to warn you.
Indeed. Sorry. :)

I've just disabled the flash led option.
Thanks.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Sorry -- I didn't mean to make that sound like I was calling you out; it's just a fact of life and explaining why/when I added the prompt in case you hadn't seen it when you enabled it :)

But, as long as you had it enabled before and now it's disabled, I'm sure that will fix the problem.
jj14

Post by jj14 »

I understand. :)