Yandex: Send Mail: Error verifying 'From'

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
joshatt

Yandex: Send Mail: Error verifying 'From'

Post by joshatt »

Send Mail: Error verifying 'From'
Server Returned: 5.7.1 Sender address rejected: not owned by auth user."
==============
I got the above error when sending mail with @yandex.com.
Following advice from yandex support, I tried Thunderbird client, and it works well, but I noticed, when sending the very first mail with Thunderbird, that there was an authentication popup that asks me to input yandex password and then choose which yandex ID I want to use.(I only have one ID, which is the yandex account, untill recently I realized that includes email function). And this popup never happened with later sendings.

No problem with pop3 receiving.

Any idea? my pop peeper version is v3.8RC11.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Yandex: Send Mail: Error verifying 'From'

Post by Jeff »

First things first, you're using a version that is now over 2 major versions old (and 10 years old), and it's a Release Candidate version to boot. v3 should not be used because it certainly has security deficiencies; for example, I think it only supported the v0.9 OpenSSL plugin, and SSL has also gone through 2 major updates since then. As such, we're not going to provide support for v3, so you do need to upgrade:
https://www.esumsoft.com/download/

That being said, it's possible you'd get the same error in PP v5 if the settings aren't correct.
1) Edit the account in POP Peeper
2) On the 'General' page, make sure that the email address is correct, as well as the "login name" (for login name, you may want to try using the full email address if it's not already)
3) Select the "Send Mail" page
4) Make sure that "server requires authentication" is enabled; if it's not, that's going to fix it the problem
joshatt

Post by joshatt »

Jeff wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:38 pm First things first, you're using a version that is now over 2 major versions old (and 10 years old), and it's a Release Candidate version to boot. v3 should not be used because it certainly has security deficiencies; for example, I think it only supported the v0.9 OpenSSL plugin, and SSL has also gone through 2 major updates since then. As such, we're not going to provide support for v3, so you do need to upgrade:
https://www.esumsoft.com/download/

That being said, it's possible you'd get the same error in PP v5 if the settings aren't correct.
1) Edit the account in POP Peeper
2) On the 'General' page, make sure that the email address is correct, as well as the "login name" (for login name, you may want to try using the full email address if it's not already)
3) Select the "Send Mail" page
4) Make sure that "server requires authentication" is enabled; if it's not, that's going to fix it the problem

Thank you so much for your help, and sorry for the delay!

I tried version 5.2.2, @yandex.com sending problem instantly solved.

There was also a login issue receiving mail with @outlook.com in my old version, which still failed in v5.2.2, then I got popup of 0auth2, which also did not success, then I randomly found the reason: I applied a @hotmail.com email then changed it to outlook alias, caused some login name mixed up and no way to fix. I know that's the reason because: when I applied a brand new @outlook.com mailbox, everything is fine.

Hope when pp v5 reverses to free version 4.01, it still works.

Thanks again!
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

v5 won't revert to v4, but it will still work :) Glad to hear that fixed the problem.