email marked as Trash doesn't get blocked

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
amitt1020

email marked as Trash doesn't get blocked

Post by amitt1020 »

I would like to know if pop peeper version 5.1.2.0 has a problem blocking previously email marked as trash. This has been an issue for quite some time now, even in earlier versions. I've even set the black list weight to '10' for that email. As I understand I should see a 'red' diamond next to the message indicating that it is junk in the message list that doesn't happen. I remember in the past that pop peeper use to work really good in this regard. Please reply with suggestions on what might be my issue.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: email marked as Trash doesn't get blocked

Post by Jeff »

Just to clarify, as POP Peeper doesn't really define the term "trash" and could mean 2 different things -- You need to mark a message as "Junk" (or "Legit") in order to train that the message is spam (or not). Simply *deleting* a message does not train it either way, because many people delete legitimate email (e.g. newsletters).

If you've set the weight of a particular email address in the blacklist to 10, and you receive an email from that email address, then you should almost certainly expect to see the red-diamond on that email. The only reason that you shouldn't is if you've created (or changed the weight of) other filters with high weights to counter-act that.

If you have a particular email that you're suspicious about, here's what you can do to see why the message was evaluated the way it was:
Right-click on the message (in the message list) and select: AntiJunk -> Show evaluation

This will show you which filters were applied and the weight of each.

To discuss this further, I would suggest emailing me (support at esumsoft dot com) so that we can discuss more specific details which may contain personal details (email addresses, etc.) better left out of a public forum.
amitt1020

Re: email marked as Trash doesn't get blocked

Post by amitt1020 »

Note this has been resolved by amitt1020 and no one needs to reply.