Google email problems today (12/13/21)??

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
popkat

Google email problems today (12/13/21)??

Post by popkat »

My google accounts in poppeeper just started erroring out. I've tried deleting and recreating several times but that isn't fixing. Logins on web outside poppeeper app work fine. Poppeeper app error on attempts to fix or recreate account are as follows:

OAuth was NOT successful You may need to try an alternative method
Google_myemailID (consecutive errors: 4)
Login Error ([AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Invalid credentials Failure) --
Edit account: pp://EditAccount?[some letters/numbers here]==
Tip: Edit the account and enable OAuth2, or use the following link:
Set Oauth2: pp://OAuth2?[some letters/numbers here]==

The clipboard detailed logging as follows:

--- Version ---
POP Peeper: 5.1.2.0
Webmail: 5.1.0.0
SSL: 1.1.1.7
IMAP: 5.1.2.0
SendMail: 5.1.2.0
Profile Picture: 5.1.2.0 (disabled)
AntiJunk: 5.1.2.0 (disabled)
Spell Checker: 5.1.2.0 (disabled)
Trusted Sites: 5.1.2.0 (disabled)
PPTweaker: 5.1.2.0
Updater: 1.0.0.0

--- Error ---
Google_myemailID [1000: IMAP] ['imap.gmail.com' (993) SSL: 1] [ClientSend: '' (0) SSL: 0] [oauth: 0] [consec: 4]
- Login Error ([AUTHENTICATIONFAILED] Invalid credentials Failure) -- Edit account: pp://EditAccount?[some letters/numbers here]== Tip: Edit the account and enable OAuth2, or use the following link: Set Oauth2: pp://OAuth2?[some letters/numbers here]==

Google_myemailID [1000: IMAP] ['imap.gmail.com' (993) SSL: 1] [Smtp: 'smtp.gmail.com' (465) SSL: 1] [oauth: 1] [consec: 4]
- Oauth2 error -- There was a problem connecting to the Oauth2 server. Try again later or reset Oauth2 if the problem persists. Reset Oauth2: pp://OAuth2?[some letters/numbers here]== Edit account: pp://EditAccount?[some letters/numbers here]==

I have also tried using the in-app password authentication versus the oauth2 but that doesn't seem to work either.

Any ideas if it's just me or Google?

Thanks!!
mjs

Re: Google email problems today (12/13/21)??

Post by mjs »

As it's not clear to me if you've done so - have you tried clicking on the link in the PP "Error Overview" window to "Reset Oauth2" and then following through with each the ensuing steps - which (if successful) should lead to the following (last) dialog prompt message:
If you do not get this last dialog prompt at the end of the process then the attempt to re-authorize PP presumably failed at some point
If you do not get this last dialog prompt at the end of the process then the attempt to re-authorize PP presumably failed at some point
Last dialog - Authentication successful.png (1.62 KiB) Viewed 1170 times
As of this time, I've personally not had any issues with any of my 8 Gmail Accounts (so it would appear there are no issues specific to Gmail) -- let us know if doing the above (steps to "Reset Oauth2") was successful and if not please get back to us with what occurred.
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
mjs

Post by mjs »

Re-reading your post - it appears perhaps the process to "Reset Oauth2" has failed in your case with the message:
OAuth not successful - try alternate method.png
OAuth not successful - try alternate method.png (2.64 KiB) Viewed 1169 times
- if so, have you tried the alternate methods to re-authorize PP via this dialog?:
alternate options.png
alternate options.png (10.91 KiB) Viewed 1169 times
(i.e. the top "Web browser" option for example).
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
allen08

Post by allen08 »

I have same problem. I get page you showed above but it says pop peeper not responding and will not load.
any other suggestions would be appreciated.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

For Gmail, the top selection ("web browser (gmail)") is the one that's used by default, so the next best choice is the bottom one ("manual input"). I just tested the "embedded browser" method, and it did work with gmail, but ymmv.

allen08 -- Does your browser open in this case or not? What Windows OS are you using?