Link opened in internal browser

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
ppuser

Link opened in internal browser

Post by ppuser »

PPTweaker option "Force PP to open links in external browser" is checked, however i have encountered an email in which i clicked a link and it was opened in internal browser. Is it perhaps a known bug?

Using PP 5.2.2.
mjs

Re: Link opened in internal browser

Post by mjs »

Sorry for the delay getting back to you.

When using the web (instead of PP) to read this message on-line - does the same link in this same message open in the same browser as in POP Peeper?
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
ppuser

Post by ppuser »

It is opened in a new tab of the browser, i'm not sure though if this is a setting (open in new tab) in the web mail program. The funny thing is that this happens only in a specific email. Others just open the link in the external browser.

I could forward the email to support if this is helpful. It's just a notification from one of Microsoft's forums that a new post exists. It's not a web mail, it's from a pop3 account.
mjs

Post by mjs »

ppuser wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:36 am I could forward the email to support if this is helpful. It's just a notification from one of Microsoft's forums that a new post exists. It's not a web mail, it's from a pop3 account.
Likely a good idea -- when Jeff is available - he will likely get back to you within this topic to arrange for this (thank you for your patience, considering the holidays). :wink:
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
ppuser

Post by ppuser »

mjs wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 6:44 pmLikely a good idea -- when Jeff is available - he will likely get back to you within this topic to arrange for this (thank you for your patience, considering the holidays). :wink:
Yup, of course. I'll be waiting for his input on this then.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Sure, I can take a look at it. I suspect it's javascript-based or something like that to prevent normal clicking from working, though, and in that case, there's probably not anything to be done about it for now (ie. once PP supports a different HTML-renderer...).

View the message in PP and then select File / Save message as and send that file as an attachment via email (support at esumsoft dot com) and please include a backlink to this topic in your email.

One other thing, you should be able to view the message in Plain/Rich text and any links you open in there will always open in your preferred browser, since there's no HTML code in the message to override how that works. You might also try right-clicking on the link and choosing the appropriate command; but I suspect that will either (or both) not work and/or open in IE.