Yahoo mail send problem error

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
aguy30

Yahoo mail send problem error

Post by aguy30 »

Been having a problem since 5.1.2.0 when a msg is sent with my yahoo account. Other non yahoo accounts don't seem to be a problem.
Installed 5.2.2.0 but problem remained.
Messages are sent each time but I receive the following yellow triangle error msg.

XX@yahoo
Error ({CLIENTBUG} Additional arguments found after last expected argument)

Have to reset error and it seems to be ok until next sent msg.

Any suggestions?
mjs

Re: Yahoo mail send problem error

Post by mjs »

If you are still getting this error - have you tried rebooting your computer (since the last PP update)?
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
aguy30

Post by aguy30 »

Rebooted multiple times and Win10 is up to date. Problem seems to only occur with multiple yahoo accounts send with attachments. Hotmail no problem.
mjs

Post by mjs »

Testing for this with Yahoo using txt and pdf attached files worked fine for me (using current PP on current Win10).
What settings are you using for your Yahoo IMAP accounts?

I'm using (edit account):
Incoming (General Interface):
Server Type: IMAP
Port 993, SSL/TLS, Incoming Server "imap.mail.yahoo.com"
Outgoing (Send Interface):
Send option: SMTP
Port 465 (or 587), SSL/TLS, SMTP Server "smtp.mail.yahoo.com"
Server requires Authentication (checked)

Have you changed or added any security apps or settings or added any other software (since the problem started that would coincide with the time when the errors started)?

Does this issue (error) occur only when sending a specific type of attachment?

What are the steps you take to attach files?
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
aguy30

Post by aguy30 »

Settings are the same as yours.

security apps - I Avast Premium-it is always updating files and versions. Tried disabled but problem continues.

Does this issue (error) occur only when sending a specific type of attachment? - doesn't seem to make any difference what I attach.

What are the steps you take to attach files? - Drag and drop or attach.

Error msg comes up with attachments but no error msg without attachments. FYI_takes much longer than normal to upload/send. 30-60 seconds even w/o an attachment.

Messages do go out but the error msg comes after they are sent.

Error msg is cleared when next auto check happens.
mjs

Post by mjs »

aguy30 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:06 am security apps - I Avast Premium-it is always updating files and versions. Tried disabled but problem continues.
I'm a tad suspicious of Avast (there may have been a recent update that has changed things for you) - How did you disable Avast (temporarily)?
More specifically, within the "Protection" Interface you can disable the "Mail Shield" that monitors email attachments (see screen-shot below).
Avast mail shield.png
This not to say this one setting would necessarily be sufficient to rule out Avast (you might temporarily try disabling all Shields just for purposes to test for this specific PP issue).
aguy30

Post by aguy30 »

It appears that you are correct. Disabled mail shield in the program and I was able to send yahoo emails with attachments without getting the error msg. (FYI: Disabling shields at the task bar icon did not fix the problem.)
Great, thank you.
mjs

Post by mjs »

Good to hear that disabling the "Mail Shield" at the internal "Core Shields" settings level interface resolved the issue and it is also interesting that apparently disabling "Shields" via the tray icon did not produce the same result #-o - so thanks for reporting back with that important information regarding Avast. Image (it may be helpful to others using Avast!)

Btw, it would be good (for us) to know what version of Avast you are using?
aguy30

Post by aguy30 »

Avast Premium Security 21.11.2500 (build 21.11.6809.528)
UI Version 1.0.683
mjs

Post by mjs »

Thanks, aguy30, for the information regarding the Avast release you're currently using (this info can be helpful for others using Avast that might have a similar problem).

Essentially off topic to the specific issue at hand other than to say issues like the comments discussed below (specific to v21.11.2500 release) in the Avast forum (specifics highlighted in red) is indicative of what would seem to me to have potentially been problematic in regards to IE Emulation used in PP (of which was presumably "fixed" before leaving beta).

Jeff - would know best about this however. :-k

Avast Post - https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic ... msg1668458 in the Avast Forum:
I can confirm that the offline installer has been updated to v21.11 (21.11.2500 (build 21.11.6809)). The corresponding "What's fixed" info for it in the beta thread is:

. deadlock in importing settings from file
. conflict between two internal security components making MS Internet Explorer unable to run
- point being; issues of this kind can be, in general, indicative of undesirable results directly stemming from Avast (Note: a cursory look through the Avast forum did not provide me with any topics on the specific issue discussed in this topic however).