tray icon

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
bbqbrisket

tray icon

Post by bbqbrisket »

My tray icon appears dead and does not animate and rotate the colors of accounts when email is receive; I have 5 accounts.
Please asvise
thanks
Attachments
how icon appears in tray
how icon appears in tray
pp icon in tray.JPG (7.89 KiB) Viewed 1088 times
icon setup
icon setup
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: tray icon

Post by Jeff »

Have you tried exiting and restarting POP Peeper?

Are you otherwise able to interact with the dead icon? ie. does right-clicking bring up the context menu and does double-clicking open PP (or whatever you've changed it to)?

Can you think of any relevant changes (e.g. new/updated 3rd party software or Windows update) that occurred before you started having this problem?
bbqbrisket

Post by bbqbrisket »

Exiting and restarting PP did it ....thanks.

BTW, I'm still not recieving replies by email to posts even though I have checked off "Notify me when a reply is posted". Still have to go into account to find my post and see if there are any replies to it. This has been going on for years and never solved.

Norm
mjs

Post by mjs »

To get replies to a specific topic use the “Topic tools” function at the top and bottom of a topic. (the "wrench" icon).
Do you have the "Subscribe topic" option enabled (checked)?
This function is at the top and bottom of a topic just to the right of the "Post Reply" button.
This function is at the top and bottom of a topic just to the right of the "Post Reply" button.
Subscribe topic.png (12.04 KiB) Viewed 1058 times
Also, replying to a topic with the “Notify me when a reply is posted” option checked will "subscribe" you to the topic as well (located in the "Options" list at the bottom of a topic).
Note: The Board will only send one notification of any replies to your topic (another forum login will trigger another notification however).
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Regarding email notifications:
I know that it has been tested many times (by myself and other moderators) and it has worked every time. I personally don't use it and I doubt that mjs does either.

phpbb does allow me to send a test email, to make sure the smtp settings are correct, which I did and I did receive it.

I've checked all the phpbb logs -- although the only relevant one is the error log -- and the last recorded error was in Apr 2021 -- which was an smtp error, so I know that it would be listed there if there had been any subsequent problems.

Which, off the top of my head, leaves 4 possibilities:
1) Something with the way you've subscribed to receive email notifications isn't correct.
2) You've set it up correctly but phpbb is simply not sending it. Very unlikely, and there's nothing I could do about it if that were the case.
3) Your receiving email account is rejecting the email. It's a possibility; you might try changing your email address at a different email service.
4) The notification is being filtered as spam/junk.