Pop Peeper Pro - Cannot send messages

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
vonitsa

Pop Peeper Pro - Cannot send messages

Post by vonitsa »

Pop Peeper Pro on Windows 10. All updates installed.
4 Email accounts. 3 (Hotmail) are working perfect. The 4th one (POP3) can receive messages but cannot send as of this morning. It's getting stuck "in transition" when trying to send.
Account works fine when using a web browser to send.
Please help...
mjs

Re: Pop Peeper Pro - Cannot send messages

Post by mjs »

I'm assuming the Email Provider for the 4th account (using POP3) that has the problem is not Hotmail.

Please post what the Email Service Provider is for this account as well as post the account settings, that is the settings you observe in the "General" and "Send Mail" windows when you edit the account in PP (i.e. Server, Port etc settings you're using). You can post screen-shots of both windows (just be sure to not include personal information like your email address when doing so).

Has this account previously sent mail successfully?

Also, are you getting any PP errors when sending? -- if so, please post the error information (once again, absent your email address).
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
vonitsa

Post by vonitsa »

Thank you for your fast reply.
This account is a POP3 account and was able to send emails for 20 years. This morning it just gets stuck "in Transmission" status. NO PP errors.
It receives messages fine though.

General:
POP3
NO SSL
Port 110
Not Password protected
Enabled is checked

Send Mail:
SMTP
smtp.netfirms.com
NO SSL
Port 587
mjs

Post by mjs »

Your protocol settings do appear correct for the Netfirms Email Service provider when using the POP3 protocol w/out SSL as you are.

How many hours has it been so far for this send message issue? (I ask because the issue for this provider may eventually self-correct)

Btw, I assume the General window "Incoming Server" is set to "pop.netfirms.com" (otherwise you would be having problems with incoming messages as well which you are not - just asking because you did not include the "Incoming Server" setting in your reply :))

Oh and is there a reason you do not use SSL and/or a reason you prefer POP3 instead of IMAP?
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
mjs

Post by mjs »

If the problem persists and you still prefer to use the POP3 protocol - you might try changing to the settings below using SSL (leave all other settings the same other than what is suggested below).

Outbound Server SMTP (the PP "Send Mail" window) to:
SSL/TLS
Port 465
Make sure to check (enable) the "Server requires authentication" option.

And in this case, you might as well set the Inbound (PP "General" window) to:
SSL/TLS
Port 995

FYI, here is a link to your Email Providers (Non-SSL/SSL) setting options: https://www1.netfirms.com/help/article/ ... rosoft-365.
vonitsa

Post by vonitsa »

Thank you mjs!
Your last suggestion worked like a charm! The only thing that I changed is that I used port 993 (instead of 995 that you suggested - I guess it was a mistype?)
mjs

Post by mjs »

You're very welcome vonitsa - glad to be of help and I'm happy to hear you fixed the problem - you did good! =D>

You are apparently using IMAP now (instead of POP3) because the Client Setup calls for the Incoming Server (IMAP Port) to be 993 - based on multiple Internet sources. That is to say, you're "Incoming Server" is presumably now set to "imap.netfirms.com" :-k (I had previously given you the setup for POP3 [Port 995] in as much as, absent any feedback, I assumed this is what you wanted to continue to use - so no, it wasn't a typo :wink:).

Here is a link provided by the Netfirms Email Service Provider Email Client Setup: Comparing POP vs. IMAP that explains this topic as well as other points in more detail (i.e. multiple "related article" links are included at the bottom of the page regarding how to setup an Email Client).

And btw, here is an additional Netfirms website link (other than the one I posted previously) specific to the Netfirms Email Client Setup. (notice, as in other sources, the linked webpage Server settings to be used for an Email Client as illustrated in the screen-shot excerpt of the page below.)

Netfirms Email Client Settings:
Email Setup instructions provided by Netfirms Email Service<br />Clicking on screen-shot will enlarge image for improved readability (use browser back-arrow to navigate back to this forum topic)
Email Setup instructions provided by Netfirms Email Service
Clicking on screen-shot will enlarge image for improved readability (use browser back-arrow to navigate back to this forum topic)