Disabling autocheck does one check on startup

POP Peeper: Tech support, suggestions, discussion, etc.
ppuser

Disabling autocheck does one check on startup

Post by ppuser »

Even though i have AutoCheck disabled (default timer set to 0 in options and is 0 in accounts), when the program starts, the popup notification window appears in forming me of new mails. It shouldn't, right?
mjs

Re: Disabling autocheck does one check on startup

Post by mjs »

When I tested for this (exited POP Peeper and restarted POP Peeper) with (Mail Check) polling set to "0" this did not occur in my case.

Does this happen every time you start POP Peeper (with Mail Check polling set to "0")?

When POP Peeper starts-up, what do you see in the POP Peeper status bar (banner at the bottom of the main POP Peeper Interface)?

You should see what is depicted in the screen-shot below (signifying "AutoCheck is disabled"):
Click on scree-shot image to enlarge for better readability (to return to topic, use browser back-arrow)<br />POP Peeper status bar after starting POP Peeper with Polling for messages set to &quot;0&quot;.
Click on scree-shot image to enlarge for better readability (to return to topic, use browser back-arrow)
POP Peeper status bar after starting POP Peeper with Polling for messages set to "0".
Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

There is another option to check at startup under main menu: Tools / Options / Mail Check.

"Scheduled" mail checks can occur when Auto-Check is otherwise disabled, so if you don't want this, set:
"when POP Peeper starts" = "Do not check mail immediately"
ppuser

Post by ppuser »

2 Jeff: Thanks for the pointer. I'll check it on Tuesday when i'll be at the specific PC where i faced the problem. I think though that its set to "Check mail after delay". Could this be causing that behavior?
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Yes, that's still considered a "scheduled" mail-check so it will trigger if auto-check is disabled.
ppuser

Post by ppuser »

OK then, i'll check it and post the results here on Tuesday.
ppuser

Post by ppuser »

Jeff wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 2:45 pm Yes, that's still considered a "scheduled" mail-check so it will trigger if auto-check is disabled.
Yup, that did the trick. I changed it and it stopped auto-checking on startup.

Thanks.