Master ENGLISH.PLF to start new translation or check existin

Posts regarding Translations for POP Peeper
bovirus

Master ENGLISH.PLF to start new translation or check existin

Post by bovirus »

I suggest you to put the original master ENGLISH.PLF on the web page of translation language (http://www.poppeeper.com/languages.php).

In this way any user can download the english one and start a new translation or check an existen one if have some doubts about translation terms.

I created the english file (with PPLC and opening an italian translation) but I'm not sure that english file created is right.

If will be available the original full master english file on the web page should be better.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

I don't see how an english.plf file would help, so help me to understand why you need this?
bovirus

Master english file

Post by bovirus »

If I want to start a new translation or proof check a current translation (ex. italian) how can check the real original meaning about a text string without the original english file ?

If it's available the original english file I can open it, open italian file and read line by line the original english text string and translted text string.

How can a new translator create a new language if he cannot read the original english language file ?

I created the ENGLISH.PLF by PPLC (your application for translator) but the number of lines in english file (ENGLISH.PLF) are more than currenty italian file (ITALIN.PLF). For this reason I'm not sure that english file it's right.

If you put your master original version of ENGLISH.PLF on the web site you can avoid doubts by current & future translator about the corrispondency with current and future version of localized languages.

Bye.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

The PPLC utility is what all translators use to start/edit a translation. It has all of the English text.

In fact, the PPLC tool has a "validation" feature that allows the translator to see if there are any missing translations.