Latest PPLC?

Posts regarding Translations for POP Peeper
HanGilen

Latest PPLC?

Post by HanGilen »

Hello,

Where can-I found the latest version of PPLC.EXE matching with the latest version of POP Peeper 3.4?

Friendly.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Re: Latest PPLC?

Post by Jeff »

Thanks for reminding me. The link for PPLC v3.4 is now available in the announcement topic:
http://www.poppeeper.com/Forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=10

There have only been a few additions, so I do not consider this an urgent update.
HanGilen

Post by HanGilen »

Hello,

Where can-I found the latest version of PPLC.EXE matching with the latest version of POP Peeper 3.5?

Friendly
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

I can't cross-check this with the code at the moment, but I don't think there were any textual changes that require an update to PPLC. Have you seen anything in v3.5 that isn't translated?
devega

Post by devega »

Jeff wrote:...Have you seen anything in v3.5 that isn't translated?
I have seen:
- Menu option: "Edit as New..." (in message window, and in Send Mail menu in main window)
-all the context menu when right-clicking in the Edit window (Copy;Paste;Select All; etc.)
-the context menu when righ-clicking any toolbar (Show Toolbal;Show Text; Customize...).
-Under the Edit menu (in edit window) the "Select All" text.
-all the message that appears when clicking F11 (about the Sent Mail Viewer download)
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Some of those were translated in PPLC v3.4 (Spanish is only at v3.0). "Edit As New" is new to v3.5.
devega

Post by devega »

Jeff,
Mmm, all the items I've pointed out are not (can not) be translated in PP 3.4. I've just checked the file generated by PPLC 3.4, and my own 3.4 Spanish translation version.
One different thing is that the official translation is still at 3.0. (Catalan is at 2.x and I will remediate it, at least for personal use :D)

-all the context menu when right-clicking in the Edit window (Copy;Paste;Select All; etc.)
These items are translated (except for Select All) under "Edit" menu in Compose window, but curiously when you right-click in the composing box the menu are in English.

-the context menu when right-clicking any toolbar (Show Toolbar;Show Text; Customize...)
If you look for the "Customize" string in the file generated by PPLC you only see one. The ones I mean are different ones than the ones under the "View" menu.

-all the message that appears when clicking F11 (about the Sent Mail Viewer download)
There is no chance to translate it either.

-In address book, when right clicking in the column headers, the "Sort by" is not translated
[EDITED] The Ini File List is not translated either; although in the translation file the title "Select Ini File" can be translated, you won't see it reflected at all.
HanGilen

Post by HanGilen »

The last version available for the french langage is the 3.0.
I have done a translation for the 3.4 version.
Can-I to send you and how ?
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

The good news is I have a note next to that in the code reminding me "needs to be in PPLC" but I guess that's not enough, is it...
context menu when right-clicking any toolbar (Show Toolbar;Show Text; Customize...)
I don't remember the specific details, but this was due to a technical issue with that particular context menu.
In address book, when right clicking in the column headers, the "Sort by" is not translated
This is due to the column headers being expected values that correlate to external values that cannot be translated. Woah, that sounds like complete nonsense even to me. But it's true.

The Ini File List is not translated either; although in the translation file the title "Select Ini File" can be translated, you won't see it reflected at all.
The Ini File List cannot be translated because the translation file is defined in the ini file.

all the context menu when right-clicking in the Edit window (Copy;Paste;Select All; etc.)
This has been fixed. Programmatic change, not affecting PPLC.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

HanGilen -- email the file to me, support at poppeeper dot com
devega

Post by devega »

devega wrote:all the context menu when right-clicking in the Edit window (Copy;Paste;Select All; etc.)
Jeff wrote:This has been fixed. Programmatic change, not affecting PPLC.
I don't know what happened, but I think both "Edit menus" in the "Compose Window" (the toolbar's and the context-menu's) have exchanged their position, I mean, when you right-click in the "Compose Window" an Edit menu appears with the typical shortcuts (Ctr+C, Ctr+V,..), and when you click the Edit menu in the toolbar, there are no shortcuts at all.

In previous posts I just made note that the context menu didn't translate the "Select All" string whereas the toolbar's did it:
devega wrote:These items are translated (except for Select All) under "Edit" menu in Compose window, but curiously when you right-click in the composing box the menu are in English
And I take the opportunity to ask if there's a new PPLC version (3.6?) :mrgreen:

Regards,
devega
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

and when you click the Edit menu in the toolbar, there are no shortcuts at all.
hmm... Well, it's not translation-specific because it doesn't show the shortcuts for me either, and I'm using default English.
And I take the opportunity to ask if there's a new PPLC version (3.6?)
I expect the next PPLC update to be for v4.0.