Thai language : subject ??????? instead of Thai

Posts regarding Translations for POP Peeper
jamesways

Thai language : subject ??????? instead of Thai

Post by jamesways »

First of all, thanks for this great tool, I just install today and notice error display Thai language on subject, it shown ???? but no error for english. I have checked and found the Thai.plf store in C:\Program Files\POP Peeper already. Could you please advice what I should do next? :roll:
JRF

Re: Thai language : subject ??????? instead of Thai

Post by JRF »

jamesways , welcome to the POP Peeper Forums !

I understood you have the literal "Subject" displayed as "???????" , probably in the PP Inbox list , when you select Thai in the Language box (in PP Options > Set options > General tab) .

Looking at the PP Languages page I see this Thai file is very old (for PP 2.4 , while you probably have PP 3.6 installed) , and the same situation for some other language files .

These translations were voluntarily offered to PP ; anyway I will ask PP Support Level 2 to look at this issue , perhaps reminding the translators about new PP versions .
• (PP + IMAP + Send)=381 Web=3808 PPT=38 SSL=1005 Voice=3 Chime=3 Skin=36 PP-Add-on-Pack=3 • XPproSP3 • Fx=1301 Opera=1162 [IE=80] • Online-Armor=5501616 • CPU=1.2GHz • RAM=2.5GB •
jamesways

Post by jamesways »

Yes, that's correct. Just only subject display ?????, the email content display Thai language correctly.

I'm not sure I understood your explain correctly or not...The ???? display at both language when selected English or Thai in PP Options > Set options > General tab, when select Thai the menu and toolbar still display Thai correctly. This related to lower version of thai.plf file that need to be upgraded, do I understand correct?

Anyway, I still prefer to use the Pop Peeper although still display ???? in subject. =D>
JRF

Post by JRF »

jamesways , thanks for reporting .
[color=#4000FF]JRF[/color] wrote:Looking at the PP Languages page I see this Thai file is very old (for PP 2.4 , while you probably have PP 3.6 installed) , and the same situation for some other language files .

These translations were voluntarily offered to PP ; anyway I will ask PP Support Level 2 to look at this issue , perhaps reminding the translators about new PP versions .
The above is valid , independently if the reported issue is related to the language file .
[color=#4000FF]jamesways[/color] wrote:[edited by JRF]

1- The "Subject" displays as "???????" in both languages, when selected English or Thai (in PP Options > Set options > General tab).

2- When I select Thai, the menu and toolbar still display Thai correctly.

This is related to an old version of thai.plf file that need to be upgraded, do I understand correctly?
Well , with the latest info you gave I am not sure this is a Language issue anylonger .

-- To be frank , now I do not know where it displays like "???" , is it in the Inbox list (as I mentioned) , or in the headers inside the open msg ?

-- Does this happen before or after you open the msg (and retrieve Entire -- if you are getting only Previews).

-- It would be better if you could take partial shots (.jpg) of these areas , and upload them here (using please the Upload Attachment function of this Forum , available on the Post-Reply window) .
• (PP + IMAP + Send)=381 Web=3808 PPT=38 SSL=1005 Voice=3 Chime=3 Skin=36 PP-Add-on-Pack=3 • XPproSP3 • Fx=1301 Opera=1162 [IE=80] • Online-Armor=5501616 • CPU=1.2GHz • RAM=2.5GB •