French Translation

Posts regarding Translations for POP Peeper
largo

Re: French Translation

Post by largo »

Hello Jeff,

Here is the revised and updated translation of "PopPeeper 5.0 beta18" in French, with PPLC 5005
There are "Possible Boundary Failures" that I cannot delete and some date from the old translation, French language complex compared to English.
I attach to this message the file "French.plf" compressed into .rar.

@+
French.rar
(20.89 KiB) Downloaded 685 times
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Thanks!
largo wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:26 am There are "Possible Boundary Failures" that I cannot delete
These simply need to be "verified" by ticking the checkbox; and enable "hide verified" -- they won't "hide" immediately until the list is refreshed (e.g. reselect "all" from the dropdown).
largo wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 8:26 am and some date from the old translation
Please clarify --
If you're referring to dialogs:
184/1571
184/1572
189/1564
then this has been fixed. This last update (5005) I had noticed that they were available for translation when they shouldn't have been and so they were removed, but I didn't realize that they would still show up in the "empty" filter; so that has now been fixed for the next release (after 5005).
largo

Post by largo »

Hello,

Will it be possible to translate "PPtweaker" in a language other than English, personal in French?
Resource Hacker can translate the Dll, the translation is ok, on the other hand "Help> About" PPtweaker "turns red so not good, but it is in my language.

thank you and bravo Jeff for version 5.01

kind regards

@+ Largo
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

I had considered it at one point, but due to lack of interest from the translators, I decided not to pursue that. It's a lot of work on both ends (developer and translators) and there's a LOT that's currently not translatable -- not just PPtweaker, but AntiJunk and all the other plugins. I never rule out "maybe someday" but for now, I have my hands full just trying to keep the core program translatable :)
largo

Post by largo »

Hi,

OK Thanks Jeff

@+
Fencer24M

Post by Fencer24M »

Do you think it could be possible to leave some parts of the text on open access for volunteer users to translate when they have time? I know that, with my job, I wouldn't be able to translate an entire oftware by myself, but I can do some lines and paragraphs from time to time.
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

That would be fine with me, but it would require coordination amongst the translators to make sure that duplicate effort isn't being done.
largo

Re: Français traduction

Post by largo »

hi,

Impossible as I translated what there was to translate, several translators will be harmful to this software, so please do not introduce new translators

kind regards

@+
Fencer24M

Post by Fencer24M »

Okay, it's as you wish, I was wondering how feasible it could be, but if it'd be more harmful than useful, then it's better to follow more standard procedures.
largo

Post by largo »

Hello Jeff,

Is it possible to translate: Messages=> Sort as well as this drop-down menu. I did not find with "PPLC_v5005"

See attached image:
Presse-papier_04-22-2024_01.jpg
Thanks in advance

@+
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

POP Peeper is in a state of transition right now (for v6), so I can't update PPLC. But, if you want to translate these values (which I'm pretty sure were added after the last PPLC), here's what you can do:

1) Edit your plf file with a text editor

2) Search for:
{MENU}

3) Below that, include your translations:

Code: Select all

33725	Date/time
  33723	Sender
  33724	Subject
  33718	Misc status
  33719	User flag
  33721	Read status
  33722	Account
  33726	Size
  33727	To
  33728	Cc
  33720	Junk evaluation
  33729	Junk score
  -1	Sort.*.translation
For the last line, "Sort" should remain in English; otherwise, replace the English with your translation. And I don't think that these necessarily need to be in order; just as long as they're under the *FIRST* {MENU} section (there are multiple {MENU}, the first one is the one you want). And it's possible that if you subsequently load the modified file in PPLC with PPLC and save it, these manual modifications could be removed from the file -- so don't do that.