PPLC update (v5.0.0.1+)

Posts regarding Translations for POP Peeper
Jeff
Admin / Developer

PPLC update (v5.0.0.1+)

Post by Jeff »

PPLC is getting some updates. These changes are designed to make the whole process smoother for everyone.

1) PPLC will ask for admin privileges when started. This is so that you can edit the file directly if it's under the "Program Files" folder.

2) There will be a "Run PPLC" command under the main 'Tools' menu. Running this will automatically load the translation file into PPLC that POP Peeper is currently using.

3) PPLC can auto-update

4) If your language file's version doesn't match the currently installed version of PPLC, you'll get a warning when PP starts.
(note: In hindsight, I may change this to compare against the *latest* version available)

NOTES:
#1: PPLC asking for admin privs: This could be an annoyance to some and a blessing for others. Let me know how it works for you once you start using it.

#3/4: auto-update and PP prompting you -- PP is pretty subtle when there's an update that isn't POP Peeper itself. The main indication is a green download button in the main status bar. So, even though you have to initiate the update, after that you may not be paying attention to what it's actually doing, which is why I decided to add a reminder. This may not be practical or necessary, but we'll see.

The capability to auto-update is the most significant feature here and it will be the most convenient way for you to know that there's been an update and for you to get the update.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
Most of these new features are triggered by one thing: you need to already have PPLC.exe in the main POP Peeper folder (e.g. C:\Program Files (x86)\POP Peeper\).

Copy PPLC.exe into the folder where you have installed POP Peeper. Previously, the PPLC filename included the version (e.g. PPLC_v50.exe) -- the filename MUST be named PPLC.exe, so make sure that the file placed in the Program Files folder is renamed to PPLC.exe.

On the main menu, select Help / About; press the "Check version" button. You may then need to press the "Download" button. Follow the instructions to Update PPLC.

To get future updates about PPLC, make sure that you have "check for updates" enabled under Help / About
Miki

Re: PPLC update (v5.0.0.1+)

Post by Miki »

A bug on v5? or not?
[159]
0 New Account: User Information
1243 Login name:
1244 Password:
1677 OAuth2...
1698 OAuth2 provides a more secure way to log into your email account.
To enable OAuth2, press the button above and allow POP Peeper access.
With this method, it is not necessary to provide POP Peeper with your password.
Line 1698 is multiline and not separated by /n when I generate english.plf but on PPLC is show correctly ...

And others line when are multiline.

Regards

Miki
Matthew Wai

Post by Matthew Wai »

Miki wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:02 amLine 1698 is multiline and not separated by /n when I generate english.plf
When I was translating it into Chinese, I copied and pasted /n into my translation.
Why did you create English.plf?
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Yes, it looks like it wasn't converting newlines for dialogs -- fixed (v5004, not released at this time).