PP and AVG free antivirus

Email-related messages: Mail service provider announcements, general help, other
cinsmi

PP and AVG free antivirus

Post by cinsmi »

I love Pop Peeper but lately I have had a problem sending email and am hoping someone can help me sort it out.

I use AVG free antivirus and Thunderbird email and until recently had no problems sending email. Now when I try to send I get this reply telling me my email could not be sent. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

This is the AVG E-mail Scanner program.

I'm sorry to have to inform you that the message returned
below could not be delivered to one or more destinations.

Your e-mail message is being returned to you in the next part of this
message. Try to send the message again.
war1

Post by war1 »

cinsmi,

Welcome to the PP forums. Are you sending from Pop Peeper or from Thunderbird? If from Pop Peeper, hihghlight account and select Edit > Send tab. Make sure your server name, port number, and authentication are correct.
Warren
Moderator of POP Peeper Email Forum
colin_thames

Post by colin_thames »

I also use AVG free antivirus and had no problems with either poppeeper version 2.4.3 or version 3.0

A dumb question I know, but are you sending to the right email address? I've had replies like this when the email was wrong.

Best regards

colin
cinsmi

Post by cinsmi »

Thanks for responding so quickly. I am sending from Thunderbird, have never tried to send from Pop Peeper.

In my Send tab I have the following:
Reply Options: SMTP
SMTP Server: is correct No SSL
Email address: is correct
Name: is correct
Port number: 25
Server Requires Authentication is checked and in the settings I have told it to use the same login as incoming mail server (have tried Use these settings and put in my Login name and password but it still returns)

Interesting...I just tried to send via Pop Peeper and it hasn't come back yet.

Thanks again
cinsmi

Post by cinsmi »

Yes I am sure the email address has been correct when this has happened, and it has only been recently that it has started doing it. I have been using Pop Peeper and AVG free for a year or more.

I really like Pop Peeper because I can filter my mail. I am on a slow dialup connection and some people like to send me HUGE attachments. With Pop Peeper I can decide if/when to let them load to my email program.

Thanks for responding Colin.
war1

Post by war1 »

Since you are sending from Thunderbird, Pop Peeper has nothing to do with the error. If the address is correct, try disabling AVG antivirus check of email on outgoing mail.
Warren
Moderator of POP Peeper Email Forum