Free Email Services News - October 2006

Email-related messages: Mail service provider announcements, general help, other
war1

Free Email Services News - October 2006

Post by war1 »

Hotmail Live has another new interface. Hotmail interface seems to change every month. These changes has not affected POP Peeper access to Hotmail.

Gmail is on its 3rd year of beta. Account signup is still by invitation, though some countries (Japan) now have direct signup. Gmail has a calendar now. Live Chat is available through the Gmail website. No separate instant messenger needed.

Yahoo Beta is becoming more available to users.

Mailcup is a new service, but interface seems to similar to Gawab.
http://www.mailcup.com/

There is 2 GB storage, free POP3 and SMTP access, virus and spam protection, and poll external POP3 and Hotmail accounts for mail.
Warren
Moderator of POP Peeper Email Forum
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

Hotmail Live has another new interface. Hotmail interface seems to change every month. These changes has not affected POP Peeper access to Hotmail.
Unless you want to send or delete :) But that's been patched as of today.

I do like the new interface better.

Mailcup is a new service, but interface seems to similar to Gawab.
I didn't sign up but it looks like they have a lot of features available, too bad there's no imap. But I get a little suspicious when things like gender, marital status, and occupation are required fields. How does them knowing if I'm married or divorced help them personalize my content (unless spam counts as content)? And some of the dropboxes aren't filled with anything (can't select language or timezone, etc). These kinds of first impressions bother me.
JRF

Post by JRF »

About Mailcup :
Jeff : ... and some of the dropboxes aren't filled with anything (can't select language or timezone, etc
I have tried to register , using IE | Opera | Firefox , and allowing Cookies + Referrer + Pop-ups , against all my principles , but the 2nd page keeps saying these fields are not filled ...

Any ideas ?
• (PP + IMAP + Send)=381 Web=3808 PPT=38 SSL=1005 Voice=3 Chime=3 Skin=36 PP-Add-on-Pack=3 • XPproSP3 • Fx=1301 Opera=1162 [IE=80] • Online-Armor=5501616 • CPU=1.2GHz • RAM=2.5GB •
war1

Post by war1 »

JRF, not sure why you cannot sign in. You may want to contact Tech Support.
Warren
Moderator of POP Peeper Email Forum
Jeff
Admin / Developer

Post by Jeff »

It's because of the unpopulated dropboxes I mentioned. After filling everything in, it says that language, country and timezone are required, but it's impossible...
JRF

Post by JRF »

Thank you .

Jeff , yes that I observed , I imagined it was some blocking on my PC .

War1 , fyi , tried your suggestion but the Contact page also does not work .
• (PP + IMAP + Send)=381 Web=3808 PPT=38 SSL=1005 Voice=3 Chime=3 Skin=36 PP-Add-on-Pack=3 • XPproSP3 • Fx=1301 Opera=1162 [IE=80] • Online-Armor=5501616 • CPU=1.2GHz • RAM=2.5GB •